Tip of the weak

bizzard

Featured Posts

Right folks it looks like the old forums back on song ''sort of'' thanks to Daniels great efforts, 3 cheers for Dan, hip hip,---------

Right now down to buisiness. folks. This lot'll test the new forums software so here goes.

Last week I think it was, a lady was going on about hair dryers and how to power them without things going off pop or running the batteries down, so here's a very simple way of drying your hair me dear whoever you were.

There are many ways of drying hair of course like, sticking your head in the oven, out of the window, loll over a hot exhaust manifoild, over an Eco-fan ect ect.

I'm becoming frivolous these days so I'm thinking of donating this invention to the whole wide world ''FREE'', and not just for this confines of this forum like my other inventions and stuff.

GATHER together the following bits 'n' bobs.

I small 12vdc computer fan, lengths of wiring flex, a long length of flexible vacuum cleaner suction hose, a few small nuts and bolts, self tapping screws, a few strips of thin metal, a tube of glue, determination and practical fingers.

GRASP hold of the tubing and cut off at about a yard from one end, glue the computer fan in between these two lengths of tubing. To the shorter end of the tubing bend up four stand off legs bending the ends into little feet. and screw them to the tubes end. Connect the flex to the fan motor with a 12v plug or crocodile clips on tother end for connection to your batteries.

That's all there is to it folks i think, as simple as that, even Laurie Booth should be able to do it and maybe even Gibbo or Chris Pink if they put their minds to i

DRYING HAIR AND THINGS.

There are many sources from where you can suck heat from to make your hot air hair dryer work Grasp the tubes end with the legs on and either stuff it into your coal stove, oven or clipped onto your hot engines exhaust manifold, over a bonfire on the bank or any source of hot heat. And by reversing the fan motors wires around to make it blow the other way you can use it as bellows to draw your fire up, erm or just turn the whole load of tubing around the other way.

Also indespensible for drying out other things apart from hair too like wet socks, bilges before painting ect ect.

Doon't get a cold in the head ladies so pester the old man to knock you one up..

Bizzard.

hmmm seems like an awful lot of faffing around when you could just put some ACDC on, nice and loud, and headbang your way to a dry bouffant style in a few seconds ....... however, I agree it has great merit for sock drying porpoises etc

I love this idea, even being land based at the moment! ;)

I love this idea, even being land based at the moment! wink.png

That's good Sade. It has lots of really useful uses, eg. Lay the tube on the floor like a snake with one end in the stove and tother blowing warm air on your feet. Warm your bed up with it by stuffing it under the sheets.. Or during heat waves air condition your boats interior by bashing a hole in your fridge door inserting the pipe to waft lovely cool air about. The beauty of this invention is that the computer fan only uses a little bit of electricity and 12v at that. compared to the horendous amount that mains thiings use, and cheap as chips to boot.glare.gif

I think I need to see a picture of this glorious contraption. Do you have a prototype? clapping.gif

Imagination old bean. Its so beautifully simple and cheap to make just being basically a length of vacuum cleaner hose which you can find in most rubbish bins,'' folk are always chucking em out, theres one in our bin here at this very moment which I'm going to get in a minute'' that it doesn't really need a prototype making.

I wonder whether it could be modified by having a fan fitted to one of those hamster wheels and let an energetic hamster provide the power . This would saving the battery for the jacuzzi or whatever power guzzling devices these posh boats are fitted with these days . Just realised hamsters are nocturnal so slight disadvantage there .

I'm disappointed. I expected 'Tip of the Weak' to tell me how to do these Rochdale lock gates in the face of advancing age. Especially this one I met today. Any ideas, Bizz?

l7Q54uu.jpg

As that gate seems to hold the answer to life, the universe and everything on it's balance beam I'm not sure you need Bizzard's wisdom, although I await his answer with interest

I'm disappointed. I expected 'Tip of the Weak' to tell me how to do these Rochdale lock gates in the face of advancing age. Especially this one I met today. Any ideas, Bizz?

l7Q54uu.jpg

Nice shot of what to do with Bizzards hair dryer

hmmm seems like an awful lot of faffing around when you could just put some ACDC on, nice and loud, and headbang your way to a dry bouffant style in a few seconds ....... however, I agree it has great merit for sock drying porpoises etc

I had a sock drying porpoise once, I think it was made by Poole pottery

Hi Bill

There are certain things in life that are better to keep to ones self wink.png

I think you're probably correct, but at least they won't give me the job of youth comissioner for Kent now the porpoise is out of the bag blush.png

l7Q54uu.jpg

Ah yes, not much leaverage, short beams. A Torniquet ''Spanish windlass'' a long loop of rope from that handle and around a convenient object like a tree or lampost then insert a stick between this ropes and keep turning it to twist and shorten the rope and like magic the lock gate will surcomb to the this treatment forcing it to open or close.with little effort.

I wonder whether it could be modified by having a fan fitted to one of those hamster wheels and let an energetic hamster provide the power . This would saving the battery for the jacuzzi or whatever power guzzling devices these posh boats are fitted with these days . Just realised hamsters are nocturnal so slight disadvantage there .

Quite possible. The pressure at the outlet end of the tube will need increasing this can be achieved by fitting the small restricted nozzle on the end, the type used with vacuum cleaners for sucking in nooks and crannies like upholstery.

Is this your protoype Biz? Saw it in Leicester Gas Museum... honest!

hairdryer.jpg

Cheek they've nicked my invention, well quite similar anyway. mad.gif

I reckon that Bizzard is actually Heath Robinson reincarnated, in fact I'm certain.

P.S. keep up the good work.

Phil

Bloomin cheek.ohmy.png