Goodbye to the muddy ditch

Proper Job

Featured Posts

I suspect Mr Paddingtonbear may be a little jealous!!

I can't imagine why.

PB's boat is every bit as lovely.

I hope for PJ that's she's in better condition than Water Lily that spend a good year sunken on the Marne close to Paris, until she was craned out and distroyed when they drained that river section.

That is really sad.

Her owner assured me her future was secure when I pulled out of negotiations about acquiring her.

Well........ I've gone and done it

I've bought a lumpy water boat. Offer has been accepted and now it's all subject to survey and sea trials.

Obviously me being me, it couldn't be a run of the mill boat, so it's a 48' ketch rig motor yacht.

Entry in the Historic Ships Register:

Built by Weatherhead, William & Son, Cockenzie

SCOTS MISS, a fishing vessel, was built in 1932 and first fished out of Maidens as BA196. In 1947, she moved to Tarbert as TT135. She retired from her fishing service in 1964 and was converted by Hallidays of Ramsgate. The vessel's Gardner 4L3 engine, number 29791, was the first L3 series engine made by Gardner and was sent to an exhibition in New York in 1932, prior to being installed in MAIREARED in Sept 1932.

SCOTS MISS was converted to a leisure motor sailer in 1964 and remains in her converted condition

........ anyone want a 56' Hudson?

Looks like your days on a ditch are numbered :D Not going to be moored far from my lads pub old boy so we will have to go for some more beers.

Having read the bumff you sent me it appears all that needs doing is the removal of the bow thruster ;)

Tim

Having read the bumff you sent me it appears all that needs doing is the removal of the bow thruster ;)

Tim

I was kind of suprised that it had one, but it actually works! Apparently the splitter's do sh1t themselves when you reverse in to non existant lazy line moorings.

Being pointy at the stern helps :lol:

I was kind of suprised that it had one, but it actually works! Apparently the splitter's do sh1t themselves when you reverse in to non existant lazy line moorings.

Being pointy at the stern helps :lol:

All I can say is 'Turncoat' it is not allowable to abandon the ditch. Oh what a lovely commute awaits you on a stormy, squally morning !

All I can say is 'Turncoat' it is not allowable to abandon the ditch. Oh what a lovely commute awaits you on a stormy, squally morning !

Ah.... but it's part of a longer term plan which will mean no commute :captain:

Just stormy seas sat in my centrally heated wheel house :lol:

Do these longer term plans involve a littl channel hopping per chance..... :cheers:

You'll have to change your name from Proper Job to Proper Boat :P