CRT PROPOSALS

jenlyn

Featured Posts

Although a continuous cruiser, this wouldn't affect me, even if cruising the K & A. But I can't see those 'overstayers' already there accepting these. They pay 80% of the average mooring licence but still have to move every 28 days! And who amongst them is going to be stupid enough to buy a winter mooring, even with a 50% discount.

Given that the situation already exists, why not just regularise it by designating the community moorings, taking the 80% fee from them and leaving it at that. At least then, those that don't pay/wo'nt pay, can be evicted and it would save money on all those enforcement officers who are going to visit every day.

Regards

Pete

Seeing as CaRT are suing the editor of the kanda community web for libel I'm guessing the level of consultation was low!

I had a detailed look at the website. At best, its been sloppy; and at worst, it has indeed broken the law. The more I read that website, the more I feel its part of the problem, rather than part of the solution.

• Greenie 1

Does this mean that now I, as a CC'er who sometimes does the K and A - now have to abide by new rules specific to the K and A - avoiding "Community Moorings" but adhering to this one Partnership's definitions of "places" when I move?

I also don't see why hire boats should be exempt from "no return" limits - if the boats of one particular hire boat company are hogging all the best moorings, why shouldn't they have to pay extra? I've always thought of VM's as "First come, first served" - if a hire boat gets there before me - or another boat - fair play - but if they want to put in new rules for VM's along the K and A, I see no reason why one particular group should be exempt!

That said, if a sensible number of days per calendar month is set, then it shouldn't be a problem - for anyone - as presumably hire boats mostly only stay on a VM for one night before moving on.

Another point - though - is does CRT actually have the power under the 1995 Act to make such stipulations? I've read a few opinions about this.....

Edited by novascotianboy

What a bloody mish mash and fudge up........and I can't see 80% of a managed mooring fee encouraging anyone to take this up.

hmmm tricky one.

if a similar arrangement was offered in a area near me i would be happy to pay 80% for a series of moorings within a limited range.

I think its good that CaRT are making some effort to accommodate the needs of boaters, and its lovely to see them referred to as a "community" rather than as "continuous moorers" or some other negative term. But 80% of a fixed mooring is just way to much.

I expect CaRT want to recover the cost of the extra boat checkers, but 80% just wont work.

Several of the boaters probably just can't afford it, and for those of you Northerners who don't know the K&A...a CaRT on line mooring can cost best part of £3,000. That's not good value for a mooring where there's probably not even enough water to "float yer boat" half the time, so 80% of that for not even a spot to call your own?????

The document states that this is a limited offer only for specific boaters and even then the numbers will reduce over time, so its not a longer term earner, let them have it for 20% and solve the problem once and for all!

..........Dave

Magic hamster will read crystal ball, tell future.

Mists are clearing, crystal ball show many things.

I see many people saying "Get stuffed, law allow me to do what I am doing, no mention in act of any of this, CaRT fluck off"

I see some people saying "Here much coin, give me new permit, now make dirty continuous moorer hippies, no longer my pals fluck off".

Crystal ball say nothing change.

Wait and see (if the legal action by C&RT is successful).

Pffffffft. It's only been stated what was in the public domain anyway. If they waste money going to court on something as trivial as this, I will be amazed. Litigation is not trendy anymore, have you not heard.