NB Taurus

allybsc

Featured Posts

Don't underestimate how much it will cost to bring and unloved and neglected historic boat back to health. If you want to buy an uncoverted ex-working boat, replace the elm bottom, renovate and straighten the hull, sort out the engine, add an undercloth conversion and then fit it all out, you'll find that it will cost about the same as Hawkesbury.

That's about what we were expecting, but we will do some work ourselves over time to spread out the cost. Hawkesbury is lovely but not quite how I would want it...but too good to change.

Oh What a coincidence!!

WATER LUPIN is for sale :P :P :P

just in case you have lost the link ;)

Dan

An interesting boat. The advert says that Water Lupin has a replacement iron bottom. Is this really the case or should it read steel?

Edited by koukouvagia

It's nice that you all took the time to reply, if anyone needs to get me my email is allysonx(at)hotmail(dot)com

The thought of being without a boat is quite unbearable...but hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

Edited by allybsc

It's nice that you all took the time to reply, if anyone needs to get me my email is allysonx (at)hotmail(dot)com

The thought of being without a boat is quite unbearable...but hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

Please go back and edit your post to rework your email address as the robots will be sending you spam before you have time to polish the brass

Oh..........

and you might want to order these: Undercover Operations

;)

Edited by cheshire~rose

Why buy it if your not going to do it up...am I being naive?

It should be a reasonably viable boat as it is, probably quite useable for living or holidaying with a bit of tidying up even if the motive power end isn't very classy. Why the assumption that every ex-working boat that comes on the market has to be 'restored'?

Tim

The best historic boats tend to get snapped up before they are advertised. Talk to the right people and keep your ear to the ground...

Thanks Sarah,

I know,I do! I'm hoping my CWDF super sleuths will help me, we could be off the canal by the end of next week so it'll be hard to keep in touch with any boaty people now that the festival season is nearly over. We are members of HNBC so mebbe something will come up in the magazine...fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed, now I've fallen over!

It should be a reasonably viable boat as it is, probably quite useable for living or holidaying with a bit of tidying up even if the motive power end isn't very classy. Why the assumption that every ex-working boat that comes on the market has to be 'restored'?

Tim

It doesn't, I can only look at it from my POV, if I'd got it I would restore it...but then that's just me.

You're making assumptions about its fate.

I haven't a clue what's likely to happen to it though.

Tim

"the purchase of FMC motor boat Gorse and then to restore back to 70 foot with a complete new riveted stern and extended cabin."

http://engines.apolloduck.co.uk/advert.phtml?id=259420

ETA what is this obsession with restoring boats back to 70ft?

Edited by Speedwheel

"the purchase of FMC motor boat Gorse and then to restore back to 70 foot with a complete new riveted stern and extended cabin."

http://engines.apolloduck.co.uk/advert.phtml?id=259420

ETA what is this obsession with restoring boats back to 70ft?

It's 70 feet already, anyway, so how can it be 'restored back to..'? A bit of a jumble of bits, though.

We made it "back to 70' " about 20 years ago, by putting in a new section about 26' long, certainly wouldn't claim it as 'restoration' though ;)

Tim

It's 70 feet already, anyway, so how can it be 'restored back to..'? A bit of a jumble of bits, though.

We made it "back to 70' " about 20 years ago, by putting in a new section about 26' long, certainly wouldn't claim it as 'restoration' though ;)

Tim

Well it will be interesting to see what they do, I'm sure they will share progress via the website.

• 1 month later...