I'm almost screaming with frustration

Zayna

Featured Posts

A couple of weeks ago, we purchased our boat, and had to wait a week or so for the little bits of work to be done on her so the BSC can be issued. Yesterday it was just about finished. But due to work and family commitments it's going to be about three more weeks till we can go down and start playing.

I can't wait. I just can't. I really really can't. When we eventually get to her, there's flooring to be laid and some other jobs to do, we bought her as an unfinished project so she needs tittling up a bit before we can fetch her up nearer home.

I want to put all my things in my new kitchen, and have a glass of wine, and polish the windows, and do all the girly stuff. My chap does all the man stuff, he likes tinkering, as men do.

Oh please. I want to go NOW.

:banghead:

A couple of weeks ago, we purchased our boat, and had to wait a week or so for the little bits of work to be done on her so the BSC can be issued. Yesterday it was just about finished. But due to work and family commitments it's going to be about three more weeks till we can go down and start playing.

I can't wait. I just can't. I really really can't. When we eventually get to her, there's flooring to be laid and some other jobs to do, we bought her as an unfinished project so she needs tittling up a bit before we can fetch her up nearer home.

I want to put all my things in my new kitchen, and have a glass of wine, and polish the windows, and do all the girly stuff. My chap does all the man stuff, he likes tinkering, as men do.

Oh please. I want to go NOW.

:banghead:

Easy, Tiger!!

I know it can take a while and it is frustrating when all you want to do is take possession and start making it yours.

We have all been there but like Christmas it will come along. Enjoy it when the moment comes.

I can fully understand how you feel, we are in a similar postition at the moment... our newbuild shell is finished and waiting to be moved to be fitted out. It's been finished over 3 weeks now and we are still waiting. I know it's normal procedure in the boating world and things don't move fast but when you're sooooo excited and like you, want to do the girly thing and put all my nice new stuff in it, it's sooo frustrating :banghead: . On the plus side, at least you are fotunate to be the proud owners of a boat and only now have to wait 3 weeks, which isn't too long when you think how long some other people are waiting ;)

Just try to keep yourself busy ( I know easier said than done) and hopefully the next few weeks will pass quite quickly for you :cheers:

I can fully understand how you feel, we are in a similar postition at the moment... our newbuild shell is finished and waiting to be moved to be fitted out. It's been finished over 3 weeks now and we are still waiting. I know it's normal procedure in the boating world and things don't move fast but when you're sooooo excited and like you, want to do the girly thing and put all my nice new stuff in it, it's sooo frustrating :banghead: . On the plus side, at least you are fotunate to be the proud owners of a boat and only now have to wait 3 weeks, which isn't too long when you think how long some other people are waiting ;)

Just try to keep yourself busy ( I know easier said than done) and hopefully the next few weeks will pass quite quickly for you :cheers:

Aww, thank you. My lounge looks like a small branch of British Home Stores. All my things are in bags, raring to go...

Trouble is, the longer I have to wait, the more shopping time there is... :wacko:

Aww, thank you. My lounge looks like a small branch of British Home Stores. All my things are in bags, raring to go...

Trouble is, the longer I have to wait, the more shopping time there is... :wacko:

Yep, we have the small bedroom full of boxes of stuff and it has now overspilled downstairs into the living room :banghead: The leather recliner chairs have come in huge boxes so we didn't bother to attempt to find room upstairs, they just got "parked" in the living room, but the boxes are breeding :blush:

I'm like you, the longer it has gone on, the more stuff I am buying... I now have double on quite a few things as I have seen nicer things since I bought the 1st lot... I know it won't all go on the boat but it has got to be sorted through just before the big day :help:

Anyway, good luck and look forward to seeing some pics of your boat once you're finally settled in :cheers:

I assume that Steve wants more lebensraum than a narrowboat can offer - maybe he has already started shopping and will need a widebeam to contain all his furniture!

Everyone keeps asking me, 'have you got your barge yet?'

:angry:

And what's with all the folk who think they'll be able to BORROW IT? I'm not joking, someone even said 'oh, I don't want it for free, what will you charge?'

If you do charge anything, don't tell anyone, because it will invalidate your insurance. Their interest shows that they are very interested and rather envious and that you'll be the most popular Zayna on the block when the boat is in commission in a few weeks' time.

It has worked the other way for us: Mrs. Athy and I offered a few years ago to lend our (fairly respectable) narrowboat to a former colleague of mine who was convalescing and needed some peace and fresh air, but all we got was a polite "Thank you" and heard no more about the idea.

To all those waiting for your boats, we had to wait for two years for the build slot and then 9months for it to be launched and you think you are frustrated. :lol:

ps. If you cannot get everything in a 'transit' sized van, you have to much stuff.

If you do charge anything, don't tell anyone, because it will invalidate your insurance. Their interest shows that they are very interested and rather envious and that you'll be the most popular Zayna on the block when the boat is in commission in a few weeks' time.

It has worked the other way for us: Mrs. Athy and I offered a few years ago to lend our (fairly respectable) narrowboat to a former colleague of mine who was convalescing and needed some peace and fresh air, but all we got was a polite "Thank you" and heard no more about the idea.

Charge anything? They're not borrowing my beloved Cheeky, full stop, end of, not ever!

I don't mind guests, and I'm really looking forward to that, but nothing would persuade me to hand over the keys to my pride and joy! :o

ps. If you cannot get everything in a 'transit' sized van, you have to much stuff.

oops.... I'll get my coat :lol:

Charge anything? They're not borrowing my beloved Cheeky, full stop, end of, not ever!

I don't mind guests, and I'm really looking forward to that, but nothing would persuade me to hand over the keys to my pride and joy! :o

My sentiments exactly ;)

Know the feeling well.

10 days and counting, so they keep telling me.

No room left in the garage, or under the bed. The arm chairs are now in the hall. :o

Think I'll need something bigger than a transit :blush:

(Think I might need something bigger than a 57 ft nb!!)

I have every sympathy, Zayna.

I bought my boat in June, but can't collect it until September. Am presently emptying the house of things (and buying other things, like mooring pins). Spare bedroom is empty, main bedroom just has bed and wardrobe in it, study is half empty, lounge is full of half-filled boxes...

The plan is to have the house ready to empty before the end of August, collect the boat in the first two weeks of September, and then move aboard before the end of September. If I'm being rational, this is a reasonable timescale. Trouble is, I WANT TO BE ON MY BOAT!

Sorted out my mooring at King[']s['] in Newark today, Am now the proud owner of a marina key, and a floaty keyring. :captain: It's little things like this that make it bearable.

I assume that Steve wants more lebensraum than a narrowboat can offer

Many narrowboats come fitted with wine racks these days.

I'm almost screaming with frustration

You've started reading your new book then?

Know the feeling well.

10 days and counting, so they keep telling me.

No room left in the garage, or under the bed. The arm chairs are now in the hall. :o

Think I'll need something bigger than a transit :blush:

(Think I might need something bigger than a 57 ft nb!!)

Same here. We've moved our boat a few hundred yards down stream from the first fit to the second one to have the kitchen etc installed and the outside painted, it will be about another 3 to 4 weeks (so they say) before we can then get in and sail her 'home'. We've got boxes everywhere but are taking some to the boat tomorrow. Can't wait. :cheers:

Ann

Hi we put our offer in back in mid-May, have had to wait for a dry dock slot for survey and now waiting for dry docking again for work for safety cert. Keep getting told not long now but feels like ages, should have it sorted by the next fortnight. ( I hope).

We've been waiting since ordering in December but I suppose the only good thing is - if we believe the weather man - when we collect her in August the weather is supposed to be better. I'm not going to hold my breath though, will just pack my wet weather gear :mellow:

Ann

Sorted out my mooring at King[']s['] in Newark today, Am now the proud owner of a marina key, and a floaty keyring. :captain: It's little things like this that make it bearable.

Great - see you there (one day !!!!) We've only made it down for two days this year because of family problems,work, weather etc.

Have you got a berth number yet ?

Are you on A pontoon ?

Say a big Hi to Jane & Mutz (3rd n/b down on the left on A pontoon)Jane cuts hair and Mutz can make anything in metal (he has a fabrication business)

Great - see you there (one day !!!!) We've only made it down for two days this year because of family problems,work, weather etc.

Have you got a berth number yet ?

Are you on A pontoon ?

Say a big Hi to Jane & Mutz (3rd n/b down on the left on A pontoon)Jane cuts hair and Mutz can make anything in metal (he has a fabrication business)

I'll be moored at B6. Nice to know there is a metal fabricator there... there are one or two small pieces that I will need to repair or replace sometime soon-ish, so I'll be giving him some business. The marina manager (Greg?) is a top bloke, too.

Sorry to hear that you've been off the water for so long, hope things pick up soon. What does this weather do for your greens? I'd imagine that the grass grows fast enough for you to watch it.