K&A Mooring protest hits the TV

Proper Job

Featured Posts

As it's from May 2011 it's a bit out of date. I thought this topic had been played out here too many times already. :glare:

Yes, I must thought this particular "news" item got some discussion back some months ago.

If the guy in question is not successful enough for him to be able to afford a mooring then is he doing the right thing.

Oh! forget it.

Don't know how to delete.

Martyn

Click edit on your own post - highlight the text, hit the delete key.

Job done apart from the fact you have to leave at least one character in you post a . will do.....If feeling really particular you can change the coulour of the character you leave to match the back ground, so that ist doesn't show like this .

Edited by MJG

Job done apart from the fact you have to leave at least one character in you post a . will do.....If feeling really particular you can change the coulour of the character you leave to match the back ground, so that ist doesn't show like this .

you can also use sperling chequers.....

Couldn't help notice this little clip on the Beeb:

link

That aside, there is a rumour, which is unsubstantiated (excuse typo) gossip that CART are going to use private contractors to 'monitor' boats on the waterways for overstaying etc. Looks like parking tickets and wheel, sorry, prop clamping will become the norm.

That aside, there is a rumour, which is unsubstantiated (excuse typo) gossip that CART are going to use private contractors to 'monitor' boats on the waterways for overstaying etc. Looks like parking tickets and wheel, sorry, prop clamping will become the norm.

Can't help thinking that clamping props of overstayers might be somewhat self-defeating!

"Oh god I would have to drive miles and pollute the atmosphere" - what does he do, he's a Blacksmith - Already polluting locally every day!

besides which, when people start bleating about "European Human Rights " etc, they are scraping the bottom of the excuse barrel.

Yes, I thought that too. Trying to use the politically correct arguments to win their point - and claiming that it is a new regulation!

That aside, there is a rumour, which is unsubstantiated (excuse typo) gossip that CART are going to use private contractors to 'monitor' boats on the waterways for overstaying etc.

Anyone can of course claim there is a rumour about anything, but, let's be honest, this doesn't sound very likely does it ?

With all the major challenges they fact, CaRT would be ill advised to give great priority to waging a greater wear on war on over-stayers, at the expense of other things they need to get right, (in my view).

I would suggest that a far more likely scenario is that as most BW operational and office staff have (I believe) simply had their employment moved from BW to CaRT (under TUPE rules, presumably), there will still be the same people doing boat checking and enforcement in the immediate future, as have done it in the immediate past.

This is purely my take on what is likely, but like most things, I'd be surprised if we will see any massive change in practices here in the immediate future.

There has, regretably, been no change in senior staff and Directors so why should we expect much to change? To do so would be to admit that they were wrong initially and BW was never noted to even accept a minute error in their philosophy and execution