tug style??????

Ally

Featured Posts

Looks like a narrow boat with a very long well deck to me

But then I could never be considered an expert on narrowboats

Edited for longing

Edited by Bazza2

I think you're being a bit picky and not using your sale blurb imagination

Apart from no front deck, it's got port holes, a vintage Nanni diesel ;)

What more do you want in a tug style boat..........

............ apart from something that looks remotely like one :lol:

Is it me or have I spent all this time misunderstanding what a 'tug style' boat is?

My link

Ally!

if you are ever unsure about something then you should always go to that wonderful resourse Wikki:

Tugboat

Of course the term "style" added to the end adds a whole new perspective to the argument!

I think you're being a bit picky and not using your sale blurb imagination

Apart from no front deck, it's got port holes, a vintage Nanni diesel ;)

What more do you want in a tug style boat..........

............ apart from something that looks remotely like one :lol:

:blush: silly me :lol:

I shouldn't have started this thread over lunch, I need to get on!

lightens up the momotony of invoice paying though!! ;)

Edited by Ally

As a matter of curiosity, mine, does this conform to your understanding of a tug?

Sandbach

Cheers.

From what I can see of it I would say it was a fair description! I'd class my own as a tug style too...though she has a slightly different look to Sandbach.

Looks like a narrow boat with a very long well deck to me

But then I could never be considered an expert on narrowboats

Edited for longing

I don't think that the well deck is as long as Theodora's. Nice boat though once it's got rid of some of the shininess.

N

Here is a replica of Beeston the sister tug to Sandbach: http://www.wfbco.co.uk/narrowboats_for_sale/Beeston

Thanks Andy ... I think!

I posted my original query because although I held no strong views for or against a particular design being a 'tug' I had realised that Sandbach is called a tug by it's current owner, and used for towing duties.

After saying Sandbach is a tug you now you tell me (indirectly) that a similar hull, but 11ft shorter, and only half the cabin space is also a tug.

It does rather suggest that if someone wants to call a boat a tug, they can do, irrespective of the design!!

I'm not seriously disconcerted, just amused.

Perhaps it's a good thing money isn't burning a hole in my pocket :-)

Cheers.

This is my boat which I would call a 'tug' style boat (sorry anyone who isn't on facebook): My boat

Ha, a Mind Reader!

I had just followed the link on your Profile to see if your boat was displayed via your company site, discovered it wasn't (no complaint), then returned to find you have posted a direct link.

Unfortunately, while I do have an ID on Facebook, the response to your link is ...

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Regards.

This is my boat which I would call a 'tug' style boat (sorry anyone who isn't on facebook): My boat

Facebook is surely a good way of finding old friends, and maybe even lost family-members, I joint a couple of years ago, after have been asked by a lovely girl that worked with me on a hotel-barge, but after that, I've had so many friends of friends friends, that wanted me to become their friend, that it became all too much for me, so I don't bother with Facebook anymore.

But I regret that I can't see your boat.

Peter.

Thanks Andy ... I think!

I posted my original query because although I held no strong views for or against a particular design being a 'tug' I had realised that Sandbach is called a tug by it's current owner, and used for towing duties.

After saying Sandbach is a tug you now you tell me (indirectly) that a similar hull, but 11ft shorter, and only half the cabin space is also a tug.

It does rather suggest that if someone wants to call a boat a tug, they can do, irrespective of the design!!

I'm not seriously disconcerted, just amused.

Perhaps it's a good thing money isn't burning a hole in my pocket :-)

Cheers.

As I think I said earlier, 'tug style' seems to mean whatever people want it to - though generally for narrowboats very loosely based on a certain type of BCN tug, or boats converted to tug duties. Sanbach and Beeston don't fit that mould, but were genuine tugs, and the Beeston 'replica' can certainly be accurately called 'tug style'.

Tim

Ha, a Mind Reader!

I had just followed the link on your Profile to see if your boat was displayed via your company site, discovered it wasn't (no complaint), then returned to find you have posted a direct link.

Unfortunately, while I do have an ID on Facebook, the response to your link is ...

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Regards.

Ah, sorry...befriend me? It might show up to you then, or if anyone CAN pinch the picture and post it for me I'd be very grateful! I know...I'm rubbish!

Ah, sorry...befriend me? It might show up to you then, or if anyone CAN pinch the picture and post it for me I'd be very grateful! I know...I'm rubbish!

I don't think you are rubbish, why would you be, only because you are not able right now to get this picture to appear ?

There are several very smart people on the forum that can post your picture, I am sure, as they've done it for me several times.

You most likely have other skills, in which many other people will be not as good as you are, I think that our world would be dull if we were all the same.

Peter.