Pumpout facilities near Cropredy

Slim

Featured Posts

Does anyone know where there are pump out facilities in the general area of Cropredy? The nearest I know of for sure is at Fenny Compton. My Nicholsons is fairly old so is unreliable. I've looked on Waterscape and it states that there's one at Cropredy Old Mill that is available for anyone with a BW key (and I assume a prepayment card). However, having asked several experienced local boaters none has been able to confirm this. I've tried the phone number given on Waterscope but there was no answer.

I stress there is no urgency and NO,NO,NO, i don't want to be drawn into the pump out v bucket and chuck it argument.

Many thanks

Frank

.:detective::detective: :detective:

I think that the sanny station at Cropredy has a pump-out fitment, but am not entirely sure as we have a cassette loo. Certainly Fenny marina does, and if you are going the other way there is a major sanny station just below the lock at Banbury which I'm sure has a pump-out facility.

Not sure about central Banbury (Sovereign Wharf, Tooley's Boatyard) but both are worth a try.

Does anyone know where there are pump out facilities in the general area of Cropredy? i don't want to be drawn into the pump out v bucket and chuck it argument.

Many thanks

Frank

.:detective::detective: :detective:

There is no arguement to be had. Your question answers any arguement that may have been possible ;)

• Greenie 1

I think that the sanny station at Cropredy has a pump-out fitment, but am not entirely sure as we have a cassette loo. Certainly Fenny marina does, and if you are going the other way there is a major sanny station just below the lock at Banbury which I'm sure has a pump-out facility.

Not sure about central Banbury (Sovereign Wharf, Tooley's Boatyard) but both are worth a try.

Fenny Compton, but probably not Sunday and Monday in the winter.

Believe there is only a DIY at Cropredy (and Elsan) at the sanitation point. Going North next point was Fenny Compton, beware that is closed Mondays (or was then), after that I think your next available pump out is Braunston.

There is one on Banbury but it is closed on Sundays. I think you can work out from these comments how my leasurly weekend got ruined :angry:

The DIY at Cropredy at the time of my visit (couple of years ago) required the use of your own sewage pump and hose. I dont have one.

Edited by Radiomariner