Marmaduke to the rescue

terryvanman

Featured Posts

I thought I would share this with you..

As some of you know I am selling [anyone interested pm me] my much loved canal boat..yesterday I took out a nice couple that were interested in buying it...while I was cruising along the grand Union canal at bulls bridge in Hayes , a lot of commotion was going on about 200 yard up the canal, as we approached an ambulance /paramedic chap stood on the edge of the tow path and flagged me down.

i pulled over and threw the mooring rope to him and asked whats the problem, he asked me where I was going and if it would be OK to carry an elderly man who had collapsed while out walking with his friend and had injured himself falling down the embankment..

the ambulance was about half a mile down the tow path and they had already had trouble pushing the gurney stretcher type thing along in the mud and with a person on it too it would take for ever.

so we loaded the man with his friend along with 2 medics on the back of Marmaduke and set of at twice the normal speed [6 miles per hour] I did ask if they could fit a couple of blue lights on the front just to get the other boaters out the way [the canal is deserted at this time of year]

needless to say he was delivered save and sound and i'm sure he will make a full recovery :cheers:

well done...you also have a very nice boat,saw you yesterday come out the marina at willowtree

Nice one -

Perhaps when you sell MD you might consider one of these -

PS listen to to that lovely engine noise as it powers up after the bridge.

edit in case the pedants point out it might actually only have one engine......

Edited by MJG

Nice one -

PS listen to to that lovely engine noise as it powers up after the bridge.

edit in case the pedants point out it might actually only have one engine......

shit...with a back wash like that it would realy piss off a few of the old farts around were I moor....I want one I want one

shit...with a back wash like that it would realy piss off a few of the old farts around were I moor....I want one I want one

If you look though he did actually slow down for the moored boats and then gave it the gun..

I want one too....

Nice one -

Mind you, just round the corner by the new bridge over the Grand Canal there lurks on of these, with even faster police launches ready to pursue the speeding offender!

P1070907.jpg

Mind you, just round the corner by the new bridge over the Grand Canal there lurks on of these, with even faster police launches ready to pursue the speeding offender!

Boys and their toys eh!! - I want one of these too..