I am just about to purchase 4 125ah batteries.

Mick and Maggie

Featured Posts

Elecsol batteries although not cheap claim 1200 cycles and a 7 year guarantee I had 4 on one boat and they did very well.

Try putting Elecsol Complaints into Google !!!

The guarantee is a fantasy.

My Elecsols lasted just three months and I did not got my money back.

Either get the cheapest you can find, or get Trojans and learn all about watering and equalisation charges etc

..........Dave

Elecsol batteries although not cheap claim 1200 cycles and a 7 year guarantee I had 4 on one boat and they did very well.

You were the lucky one. A friend of mine in desperation turned up at their stand at the IWA National on the Thames and refused to leave until they came and sorted his batteries.

Try putting Elecsol Complaints into Google !!!

The guarantee is a fantasy.

My Elecsols lasted just three months and I did not got my money back.

Either get the cheapest you can find, or get Trojans and learn all about watering and equalisation charges etc

..........Dave

The guy I travel with has had 2 of his bank of 6 replaced under warranty. It must depend how determined you are.

Ive just befriended a chap who has trojans and theyre very impressive i must say (theyre 18months old now and he didnt have solar for the 1st year so they didnt get the nanny treatment till then.) Still very good performers and he is a heavy leccy user too.

Ok I accept that I was lucky with my Elecsol bateries. What do we know about Alphaline? cadmium lead batteries

I must lucky too, now into my 6th year with my Elecsols and still going strong dispite abusing them badly for the first 2 years through lack of propper monitoring/charging.

Mick/Maggie

Give South Yorkshire Battery Services a call and see what they can do for you. We buy all of our batteries from them and they always do us a great deal. A good local comapny to do business with.

Your daily power consumption seems a little high at 150amp. Your 4 125 amp batteries will only give you a "safe" capacity of 250amp (when new) so that is less than two days without running the engine. Then you have to get the power back in again. Is 150amp over 24 hours right?

T 105 trojans ive priced up this week for £105.00 /U,S,A deep cycle (t105 ) equivalant £96,95 also crown ( t 105 ) equivalant £96.00. these all are between 225 to to 240 amp It pays to compare :) martin

T 105 trojans ive priced up this week for £105.00 /U,S,A deep cycle (t105 ) equivalant £96,95 also crown ( t 105 ) equivalant £96.00. these all are between 225 to to 240 amp It pays to compare :) martin

Where can you get a T105 Trojan for £105? And the others?

Best I can find for a T105 is £148, and you obviously need 2 to get 225Ah at 12v.

Cheers,

Richard

I also would like to know where you can get Trojans for £105. I have been looking at the battery megastore's amp usage calculator a useful little tool but my tv is 60w at 240v so is it still 60 watt after pushing 12v through inverter?

I also would like to know where you can get Trojans for £105. I have been looking at the battery megastore's amp usage calculator a useful little tool but my tv is 60w at 240v so is it still 60 watt after pushing 12v through inverter?

Yes - it will still draw "around 60 watts" at the mains voltage.

In addition to this will be the inverter's quiescent current and a bit of loss due to it not being 100% efficient. That will depend on the inverter and the cheaper ones will be worse than the not so cheap ones...

e.g. a Victron 3000 watt sine wave inverter is around 95-97% efficient (peak) and takes 0.4 amp to 0.9 amp for itself, depending on its mode, so in all, to provide 60 watts out at mains voltage it is probably drawing around 73 watts from the 12 V input... ( an overall efficiency of around 82%). At about 500 watts this rises to 93%.. It probably varies a bit on efficiency depending on the SoC of the supply bank too...

On the other hand, the Avtek 19" TV / DVD player never draws more than 39 watts when plugged in to the 12V and on TV it is around 30 watts - superb set !

Nick

Edited by Nickhlx