Would you have

Djuwenda

Featured Posts

I was talking to a chap who used to have a contract for MOD disposal stuff and he has a few inert training bombs lying about.

He wont cut them on the off chance that they may not be really inert and tell thems me no one will want to melt them for the same reason.

I on the other hand am of a trusting nature and reckon a couple of these would make for brilliant ballast.

The one I am interested in is about 1.5ft high approx diameter of about 30" and weighs, I am told, 90kg.

Would you do it? I mean live on a boat with bomb shaped ballast?

I was talking to a chap who used to have a contract for MOD disposal stuff and he has a few inert training bombs lying about.

He wont cut them on the off chance that they may not be really inert and tell thems me no one will want to melt them for the same reason.

I on the other hand am of a trusting nature and reckon a couple of these would make for brilliant ballast.

The one I am interested in is about 1.5ft high approx diameter of about 30" and weighs, I am told, 90kg.

Would you do it? I mean live on a boat with bomb shaped ballast?

Why not? Curiously, the MOD do not go around writing "inert" on a bomb full of bang, nor do they take live bombs and decide to make it inert. If it says inert, it is.

one of the trickier aspects of it will be lowering it into the boat. I dont mind handling railway sections at 30kg each, but this is three time the weight, round smooth object with nowhere to grip...

You could always get a Lancaster to drop it in for you!

:lol:

Guest Quo Vadis

We've got a couple kick around at work:

gallery_1645_261_161586.jpg

We bury them and then try to find them again :lol:

Don't let Bizzard or Trixie get their hands on these !

:lol:

It's quite a good laugh looking at the reaction on some peoples faces when they walk in to the workshop

:blink:

It might be even better if you paint them Infra red reflective olive green and put a 1 inch wide golden yellow band round them!

N

It might be even better if you paint them Infra red reflective olive green and put a 1 inch wide golden yellow band round them!

N

i thinks theres still a couple of bomb loading tractors down the yard if you want to pair them up for some interesting tow path transport?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't let Bizzard or Trixie get their hands on these !

Iam more concern if former KGB sleeper agent ' Leninskaja Tereshkova' aka 'Mrs Blenkinsop' gets

her mitts on them. Sebrof best watch out! she may have plans for them!

Firesprite

In the very windy Fens