Big strong men required in Braunston!

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

If you put too much ballast into a boat, it will sink - so you could claim money from the insurance company.

Like, "My car has gone wrong - what shall I do? Set fire to it"

Perhaps you were brung up in more refined parts of the world than wot I was

Richard

Would this help: :lol:;):o:wacko:

would you like some tonic for that gin sir :D

Blast, I missed that smiley

Richard

It's 15 year old Glenfiddich, actually

Have you finished the Spiced Ale then?

Star, I can come on Monday and have my own lump hammer if that's any help - my angle grinder is back at Stourbridge, but I could try this :banghead:

Neat.

Richard

I've run out of Coke

I didn't think you took the powders, sir.

Edited by wrigglefingers

How yer hangin B wot a giggle

hanging good stuart, i think the software i've been testing was signed off today so i'm a bit post release merry at the thought of being free from work for a while

To be fair, she did ask for big strong men, not just any old men. Speaking for myself, there's plenty of things I can do as well as any man, and lots I can do better, but lifting heavy weights ain't one of them, and that's just a fact of life I've had to learn to live with. OK, She could have asked for gender neutral big strong people, but de facto, in the real world, such people are statistically most likely to be male.

indeed Chertsey what you say is true. my post was tongue in cheek and mostly taking the piss out of myself in the light of my postings on the the recent Single Female Boater thread. i obviously misjudged the number of :lol:;) required no doubt due to my aforementioned merriment

note to self: must do better!

eta: star, apologies if you thought i was serious and were offended or hurt or whatever

Edited by LoneWolf

No, I didn't take offence or anything, don't worry!

Carl I'm not sure what mudweights are?

With these slabs, they just seemed so fortuitous to be so heavy and going spare at just this time, I thought they were just the right thing!

I am starting to see the sense in chopping them up now, though as they are in front of AJ Canopies place (they said the boat guy could leave them there are thats where they were taken out, due to his boat being re bottomed, ergo carrying a lot more weight than prior and so the slabs not being needed) I feel as if I should go to them tomorrow and ask them first if it's ok with them if we chop them up there etc, and to tell them what I am doing.

hanging good stuart, i think the software i've been testing was signed off today so i'm a bit post release merry at the thought of being free from work for a while

indeed Chertsey what you say is true. my post was tongue in cheek and mostly taking the piss out of myself in the light of my postings on the the recent Single Female Boater thread. i obviously misjudged the number of :lol:;) required no doubt due to my aforementioned merriment

note to self: must do better!

[qote/]

Good news on the work front knew we were still mates when you grammar went sympathetic and no Capitals with terrible punctuation :lol:

eta: star, apologies if you thought i was serious and were offended or hurt or whatever

Edited by soldthehouse

:) talkin to that ivy covered tree wasnt really my fault star lol, ok maybe nattering to that boat fender was a bit extreeme lol but hey I was in a very good mood ( you should not have let me eat that pudding ;) anyway back to the slabs, I am sure if we ask to borrow some thing we could manage ( I am very strong and Ime sure with your batting eyelashes and my sheer ruddy cheek we can get a sledgehammer from the base) :)

Treeee is there any room for you in yer bote after you unpacked the car!

I see. Mudweights look good... But these slabs are 1. free. and 2. Right here!

Seems silly not to use them?

I think I am going to go and ask at AJ Lintern tomorrow if it's ok with them to chop some of the slab up there and cart them off.

Being serious for a moment. If you take your mooring pin hammer with you, you can break one or two slabs up yourself. You won't be bothering Lintern's with noise or dust

You can then put the pieces where you want in your boat. If that solves the problem, and you would rather have big pieces of slab, by all means go back and cut one or two

Richard

Treeee is there any room for you in yer bote after you unpacked the car!

I see. Mudweights look good... But these slabs are 1. free. and 2. Right here!

Seems silly not to use them?

I think I am going to go and ask at AJ Lintern tomorrow if it's ok with them to chop some of the slab up there and cart them off.

erm... just about lol

I should be free about noon and we can see what is the best way to get slabs moved to your boat :)

p.s. dont chuck away my tea slops on yer boat lol