Aggressive prick...

Featured Posts

Glad you are OK, but must have been very unpleasant. He was possibly on Steroids.

Possibly - I don't know but it's long since calm now and as said earlier a great place to moor...

It is generally considered wise to stop posting once the second bottle of wine has been finished....

Actually it doesn't matter. As I find out three or four times a week, after the fifth bottle, you wake up to find a moderator has deleted all your posts anyway.

• Greenie 3

Just been accosted by a total prick.

Taking night time pics. of Clarence Dock outside the Armouries but was more interested in my camera settings than who was around.

A cyclist nearly ran into me - immediately he shouted 'why are you stood in my way? - I'm cycling down here.'

"er sorry mate I didn't see you coming"

"Yeah but why are stood there you are in my way"

my bad I know :rolleyes: - "but what gives you priority"

"OK then let's have a fight" - total prick then throws bike down strides up and with both arms pushes me in the chest, however a 16.5 stone mass needs some moving...

"chill mate eh..." says me and perhaps stupidly turned my back and walked away...

He then rides off.

I have to admit a tad scary for a sec.

His other mode of transport must be a BMW (or an Audi).

I know the heart may be pumping and adrenalin flowing but it would have been better to have toned down the topic title and language in your OP.

Of course whenever you're confronted with an aggressive person you can see past it with no resort to an adrenergic response... Never hast thy lost thy rag?

It must be lovely being perfect...

He's right. Just because you have had an unpleasant experience is no reason to start talking like a guttersnipe.

Here speaketh someone who's never swiped another on an interweb forum, neither in temper or with deliberation!

Your explanation of your going fishing for reactions on the "inverters" thread has you firmly ensconced as a Troll in my perception; best to get it out of the way...

Here speaketh someone who's never swiped another on an interweb forum, neither in temper or with deliberation!

Your explanation of your going fishing for reactions on the "inverters" thread has you firmly ensconced as a Troll in my perception; best to get it out of the way...

Thank you for your contribution.

Permit me to remind you of Newton's Third Law. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

If I am sometimes a little aggressive, it is a reaction against the frequent unpleasantness of a small number of regular posters on this forum.

Sleep well.

Thank you for your contribution.

Permit me to remind you of Newton's Third Law. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

If I am sometimes a little aggressive, it is a reaction against the frequent unpleasantness of a small number of regular posters on this forum.

Sleep well.

just as a suggestion... try making a positive contribution yourself? Newton's laws are merely physical rather than psychological...

I have always found it possible to be straight taking without the use of expletives, particularly on an open forum.

Ah, the old chestnut of "can't you express yourself without expletives"

The answer to which is "Yes, of course I can and regularly do, but I reserve the right to use them when they are appropriate"

Those who can't ever string a sentence together without an expletive are rightly condemned for their limited vocabulary. Those who refuse to use one where it is appropriate are similarly limited in their vocabulary.

• Greenie 1

Ah, the old chestnut of "can't you express yourself without expletives"

The answer to which is "Yes, of course I can and regularly do, but I reserve the right to use them when they are appropriate"

Those who can't ever string a sentence together without an expletive are rightly condemned for their limited vocabulary. Those who refuse to use one where it is appropriate are similarly limited in their vocabulary.

I am not going to get into an exchange about the merits or otherwise of swearing or using expletives. you could though use the same logic the other way round ie the old chestnut of "you can't express yourself without expletives"

I accept neither argument. I didn't say I never swore just that I think it was inappropriate in this medium and it is possible to convey the meaning posted without.

I accept neither argument. I didn't say I never swore just that I think it was inappropriate in this medium and it is possible to convey the meaning posted without.

Well, who died and appointed you as swearing monitor?

No one. I am just stating my opinion just like you.

Perhaps if you don't like the way it was expressed, you should ask the moderators to intervene (after all, it IS their role), rather than going all sanctimonious about it.

Well, who died and appointed you as swearing monitor?

I have noticed a increase in swearing on here, not that I have any problem with but they were stricter on it. I remember deletedaccount getting a warning for telling Dave to fuck off, but it doesn't seem to be much of a issue now.

Perhaps one of the mods could answer why?

Edited as my phone is shockingly shite

Edited by FrigateCaptain

I have noticed a increase in swearing on here, not that I have any problem with but they were stricter on it. I remember deletedaccount getting a warning for telling Dave to fuck off, but it doesn't seem to be much of a issue now.

Perhaps one of the miss could answer why?

There is a difference between swearing, and being agressive towards another member.