Flying items due to passing boats

Naughty Cal

140 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever suffered from items in your boat being thrown to the floor by passing boats whilst you have been moored up?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

What about if things have fallen off somewhere, but not actually made it as far as the floor ? :lol:

If things fall off shelves and then land on the ceiling, you really are in trouble. Then you'd be well within your rights to shout "slow down!" (but it would probably come out as "blub-ub-glub-bub!").

Edited by Nine of Hearts

i have voted no

My phone, which i prop in the porthole, falls off sometimes when a boat goes past fast but i dont count that cos i can make it fall off by standing on the opposite gunnel.

secure your lose valuables properly people - no balancing that camera over the washing up bowl!

I voted yes,

I had an airfix model of darwins ship the beagle.

I will name and shame the ship, it was MV Scot Trader heading down stream on the Medway past Chatham dockyard from Rochester. Fair made the goodship Beagle wobble and the fall off its plinth loosing several guns and springing the bowspirit

If things fall off shelves and then land on the ceiling, you really are in trouble. Then you'd be well within your rights to shout "slow down!" (but it would probably come out as "blub-ub-glub-bub!").

I really can't believe anybody would be so prepared to take the Mickey on such a serious topic.

People like you really should be barred from keeping a canal boat, if you can't treat a subject like this in a very earnest manne.............

Bugger ! - A passing speeder has just had my lap-top off my lap!...............

Should make things much clearer.

You do realise that quite a few people are going to vote "Yes", even though they have been involved in no such incident, solely because that will not be able to bear the thought that you might win an argument, don't you ?

Difficult one, this one!......

You do realise that quite a few people are going to vote "Yes", even though they have been involved in no such incident, solely because that will not be able to bear the thought that you might win an argument, don't you ?

Yes i am well aware of that fact :lol:

Oh, we still do that one too

Richard

and here - my daughter recently took us through a rather dense weeping willow and in the process we lost the chimney hat, mop and the TV aerial.

I did see a funny sight whilst on our journey.

A lady was wearing a T shirt and on the back written upside down it read. 'If you can read this then I've just fallen in and in trouble'.

Terence

I did see a funny sight whilst on our journey.

A lady was wearing a T shirt and on the back written upside down it read. 'If you can read this then I've just fallen in and in trouble'.

Terence

A friend of ours has one on a similar format but with "If you can see this please put me back on the boat" adorned on the back.

If it goes your way it's because the poll is fair and if it goes against you it's because the poll is rigged. Get a grip.

You and I both know that there are a certain group on here who would lie through their teeth rather than admit that I was right. The poll will show whatever it shows and was posted in the hope that people would be truthful rather than petty.

Thanks Alan, I was unsure if I wanted to contribute to this poll, but now you've made it clear which way to vote

Richard

I've never had anything fall off thanks to a passing boat. Me steering into tight locks does that quite well enough. We do however spend most of our time on a rather wide canal and only venture on to the narrower ones out of season when most days we don't see othe boats moving I can however see how it can happen particularly when the boat is going fast enough to pull the water from the bank and hoof it back again.

What would you lot do if you couldn't find anything to bicker about... :P

Oh no I have been found out!!!!

rather than petty.

Holding my head in shame

What would you lot do if you couldn't find anything to bicker about... :P

Start yet another thread about speeding boaters sending boat contents flying.

The fact that it has been done to death in previous threads over the years doesn't stop the same people (me included!), "biting" virtually every time.

We haven't got to the "how do you know an occupant is not about to try injecting themselves with the drug they need to stay alive" stage yet......

Plenty more mileage still in this re-run, I think!

Start yet another thread about speeding boaters sending boat contents flying.

The fact that it has been done to death in previous threads over the years doesn't stop the same people (me included!), "biting" virtually every time.

We haven't got to the "how do you know an occupant is not about to try injecting themselves with the drug they need to stay alive" stage yet......

Plenty more mileage still in this re-run, I think!

Or spilt beer or spilt wine or spilt g&t. This one has got weeks to run yet :lol: