BBC Mobile phone coverage survey

RLWP

Featured Posts

Has anyone come across this: BBC to survey UK mobile coverage

It appears the BBC are conducting/supporting a survey of mobile phone coverage using an app that runs on Android based phones. As we often seem to end up in areas of poor coverage, this could be useful

Unfortunately, we don't have Android phones :(

Richard

Unfortunately, we don't have Android phones :(

Richard

be very glad you haven't, i have one, it has been a nightmare since i got it! so far it has been changed for a replacement phone, the new phone receives the same text messages over 20 times! only stops when the next text is received!

as for coverage Vodafone is the only one with coverage in the new forest, tmobile/orange disappears at Ashurst and doesn't reappear until you get to Hinton the main reason i changed in the first place having been with T mobile/121 for 14 years!

be very glad you haven't, i have one, it has been a nightmare since i got it! so far it has been changed for a replacement phone, the new phone receives the same text messages over 20 times! only stops when the next text is received!

In defence of the Android phone, mine (Samsung Galaxy S) is brilliant, apart from rubbish battery life but, considering how useful it is, isn't surprising.

Never had any text problems, then again I hardly ever send or receive them.

In defence of the Android phone, mine (Samsung Galaxy S) is brilliant, apart from rubbish battery life but, considering how useful it is, isn't surprising.

Never had any text problems, then again I hardly ever send or receive them.

Have to agree with that HTC desire HD here absooutely stunning phone but battery life is only a couple of days but then it does a lot.

have to say my HTC Desire Z android phone is brilliant, works like a charm.

I'm thinking of getting married to my HTC Desire HD. The only thing that's stopping me is that I can't find the tea-making app in the Android marketplace.

I have downloaded the BBC app though.

As far as I can make out my HTC Wildfire does everything that an Apple iPhone does, and just as well.

Except it is free on a £14/month contract with more than enough texts, calls & data download.

I'm thinking of getting married to my HTC Desire HD. The only thing that's stopping me is that I can't find the tea-making app in the Android marketplace.

I have downloaded the BBC app though.

Cool Wriggle. What does it do, can you see it doing something?

Richard

Cool Wriggle. What does it do, can you see it doing something?

Richard

It tells me what my signal strength is and presumably reports the info back to base.

Still can't find the tea-making app though. But I would like an app that will turn off the CO2 alarm that is running out of battery next door.