Crick Boat Show

robdalej

Featured Posts

Queer innit - no sign of the forum sarcasm police when a mod does a sarcky response....

Anyway in response to the op - there is a holiday inn at crick and they normally take pets watch out for the hefty charge and seep food and drink prices though.

Queer innit - no sign of the forum sarcasm police when a mod does a sarcky response....

Anyway in response to the op - there is a holiday inn at crick and they normally take pets watch out for the hefty charge and seep food and drink prices though.

But is wasn't sarcky - we will be there and we will be tied-up on the towpath. We have already booked in.

OK we haven't got a dog on board but last year many of the boats moored around us had dogs aboard including the one that was breasted up to us.

My interpretation was for the dog to be tied up on the tow path not the accommodation.

As I say queer innit?

Ah! Well I can't help your interpretation - its a good job I didn't say tied up on the canal! Fortunately the rings that we will be tying up are on the towpath . . .

Thanks for all the replies, maybe I shoud have pointed out that we are going by car and I didnt think they would let me tie a car up on the towpath.Anyway we have bookrd in at the Holiday Inn, not too bad for 2 nights

Not been to Crick since 2001/2 which was prior to buying our first boat.

I guess by reading members comments on the forum over the years that the show has gone from Bad to Worse. The best way to find out is to go I suppose.

It would be well worth the entrance fee though if some members get together in the beer tent and continued their 'conversations' in the same manner as on here.

Incidentally, I sent a PM to someone and it was 'broadcast' in the open so to speak, and yes it does hurt to learn a quick lesson. I now don't say anything that may embarrass me except that last sentence.

Martyn

Not been to Crick since 2001/2 which was prior to buying our first boat.

I guess by reading members comments on the forum over the years that the show has gone from Bad to Worse. The best way to find out is to go I suppose.

Not every one thinks it has gone from bad to worse but of course the doom mongers on here like that kind of thing. I have gone for the last 4 years and expect to do so this year. I enjoy the day out and the immersion in all things boaty.

It will be interesting to see if there is any difference with Waterways world as the organiser.

Just a 'bump' to note that the discussion regarding private messages has been split and removed to here

Why have you moved my post that content refered to the Crick show and left behind my 'agree' comment following Carlt's post about PM's?

The mind boggles. If you are to 'Police' the site lets be consistent eh!

No offence meant.

Martyn

Why have you moved my post that content refered to the Crick show and left behind my 'agree' comment following Carlt's post about PM's?

The mind boggles. If you are to 'Police' the site lets be consistent eh!

No offence meant.

Martyn

Corrected - probably an example of where a pm would have been more useful.

Unfortunately, although it is possible to split the posts in a topic, the software doesn't allow me to duplicate posts that might correctly belong in both versions.

Yeah! Come on!

I think any posts that say they agree with me should be 'stickied' and flagged up on the front page, not hidden!

Just a 'bump' to note that the discussion regarding private messages has been split and removed to here

Firstly apologies for my part in taking this thread off-topic. I've only come back on here because I've followed the link to the other thread, where questions have been asked of me directly (including one by Graham) and I am unable to post on that thread.

From what I read of the breakaway thread some bridges are awaiting rebuilding. I've only impinged on this thread again because the other is apparently locked.

Ho hum I've had a damn good evening with some good friends and will worry in the morning after the hangover has worn off!!

Edited by Ange