Looking for cable supplier

Featured Posts

Can anyone point me in the general direction of a supplier of 12v cable (around 2.5-6mm2) in the London area, preferably towards the east side?

I would have thought that this would be pretty easy to find but the only suppliers I can find on the net either sell it by the mile or the inch. :banghead: (perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places...)

Thanks

Can anyone point me in the general direction of a supplier of 12v cable (around 2.5-6mm2) in the London area, preferably towards the east side?

I would have thought that this would be pretty easy to find but the only suppliers I can find on the net either sell it by the mile or the inch. :banghead: (perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places...)

Thanks

Are you limiting your options by searching for 12 volt cable?

Surely cable is cable and you specify the appropriate csa - 1.9mm, 2.5mm, 4mm, 6mm etc., for the job in hand and most importantly for BSS, multi-stranded. The tri-rated cable (high temperature, flame retardant electrical cable or switchgear cable) I got from RS some time ago has insulation capable of much higher voltages than 12 volts (600-1000v). :unsure:

As WotEver has mentioned VWP over Derby way have a decent website and you can also get cable via eBay (but I wouldn't use 'thinwall' stuff) and many eBay suppliers have their own direct websites.

Ripspeed is a Halfrauds brand, so that may be an (expensive) option.

Sorry, can't help with London suppliers tho' :(

Thanks

www.beal.org.uk have always served me well. No connection other than a satisfied customer. You may have to put "cable" in the search box on the site to find it easily.

George ex nb Alton retired

Thanks, people :cheers:

There are some useful ideas there - I'll give them a try. The websites will be useful too, but I need to have things sent to a friend's address, so they could be helpful in the longer term.

Thanks

Possibly stating the obvious but have you not tried B&Q, Wickes, Screwfix etc who have loads of stores in East London?

Tim

Thanks

I've used Medlock in Mare St,Hackney, Amp in Amhurst Rd, Hackney, and Crossfold in Cambridge Heath Rd, Bethnal Green. All of them good.