ICE Rugby/Braunston

valrene9600

Featured Posts

Still away from boat and was wondering if anybody could tell me the situation between Rugby And Braunston re the ice. Also is Gosty still stuck at Braunston. Be nice to know as need to make plans re a trip to the States and also getting very bored being on land although it`s slightly better than being confined in one place on the towpath. Love the freedom of C/Cruising. Thanks

Hi

Friends at Hillmorton still frozen in they are opposite 'Baddsies', we are still frozen in near Midland Chandlers at Btaunston, Gosty still at bridge 90, frozen in.

Forecast, for what it is worth, is that the temperature will be above freezing for the next five days but do not hold your breath. ;)

Hi

Friends at Hillmorton still frozen in they are opposite 'Baddsies', we are still frozen in near Midland Chandlers at Btaunston, Gosty still at bridge 90, frozen in.

Forecast, for what it is worth, is that the temperature will be above freezing for the next five days but do not hold your breath. ;)

Ok thanks for that.

When I saw this thread header, I thought someone had invented the new game of rugby on ice at Braunston.

Tone

Here they are in training. (repost I know)

Clicky

No matter how many times I watch that video it always makes me laugh.

Edited by Speedwheel

FM&C DACE has just gone through all three locks from top to bottom at Hillmorton.

They set off from Braunston this morning. I understand Ian on Ghosty Hill is planning to head that way today also in their tracks. Dace (and myself) are heading to Alvecote so will be broke all the way there. Hopefully I will catch Dace up tomorrow.

Mike

I was planning to try and get from Rugby to Norton Junction in the next three days before they close the Braunston Locks. Any reports on the situation are more than welcome.

Rugby visitor moorings are clear, but no boats have passed through yet.

John

I was planning to try and get from Rugby to Norton Junction in the next three days before they close the Braunston Locks. Any reports on the situation are more than welcome.

Rugby visitor moorings are clear, but no boats have passed through yet.

John

Give an hour or two and I think you'll see Dace chugging through. Looking at the speed Dace is cutting through the ice I would you will have no real problems, but you may have to persevere at the thicker points by just doing it bit at a time.

Mike

We are returning to our boat moored in Welton Hythe marina tomorrow.Can anyone tell me if they have or have seen any boats heading towards Braunston going past Welton,as we too need to get past Braunston before they close.Any info would be very much appreciated.Ta in advance.......Dave and Di on NB Urquhart Castle.Wave if you see us go by :lol:

I know there are not a lot of boats on the Erewash, especially the Ilkeston to Langley Mill end but nowt has moved for weeks.

Whilst out walking today (Sat) I noticed the ice was about 3 inches thick still. It was fun watching the swans coming in to land on it.

Edited by Dyad

I am at Napton locks -I need to get to Midlands -last Saturday the ice was 3-4 inches-Can we keep this thread open as I will need to move there soon.

Are you at the top or the bottom of the locks. Harnser is moored at the top and when the ice clears want to get back to our moorings

We set off today from Welton hythe.We were breaking ice all the way to Norton Junction.We turned right towards Braunston.It was very slow going all the way to Braunston tunnel.With the ice still about 30mm thick,The noise was quite frightening!!

we are now moored at the top of Braunston Locks.We went for a recce down the locks.There is No ice at all right down to the bottom.

If anyone can tell us of the ice situation as far as Hillmorton locks,i would very much appreciate it.

Dave.

Edited by boatyboy

Are you at the top or the bottom of the locks. Harnser is moored at the top and when the ice clears want to get back to our moorings

I am at the top of the locks from the junction-it was really thick last last Saturday week. Do u think its clear now?? Or should I wait as its quite a trip to get up to the boat.