Meal Ideas

nearlythere

Featured Posts

Hi all,

I was just thinking the other day about meal ideas, ie when you're living afloat and dont have much Freezer storage space etc, what kind of meals do you have? Without having to trail to the shops every couple of days! I do possess a slow cooker so are there any favourite recipes you would care to share? We dont really want to live off tinned food....

....look forward to the banter ;-)..............

Hi all,

I was just thinking the other day about meal ideas, ie when you're living afloat and dont have much Freezer storage space etc, what kind of meals do you have? Without having to trail to the shops every couple of days! I do possess a slow cooker so are there any favourite recipes you would care to share? We dont really want to live off tinned food....

Eat at the pub!!!!

We always start the day with a full English breakfast.

As we don't have a lof of fridge / freezer space we have quite a lot of tinned food when afloat - curries chicken supreme, chilli concarne.

If having something fresh, cauliflour cheese & prawns mmmmmmm

Edited by Ray T

We tend to shop for fresh items every few days. We are not blessed with masses of fridge space on NC. We do keep a cupboard stocked with tinned food for emergencies though.

L*g*r isn't food! :rolleyes:

Iain

Edited by Iain_S

L*g*r isn't food! :rolleyes:

Iain

It isn't drink either unless you call it "the drink that shall not be named"

Having said that I've just had a couple of bottles of San Miguel and now I'm weaving about a bit - not used to it don't you know

Edited by Bazza2

We tend to eat a pasta and jacket spuds and the like a fair bit - can be made to taste very different depending on what you add. Saying that, our storage and cooking solutions are a little limited, as the Aga doesn't work, and one of the fridge door hinges is knackered (means it's gaffer taped shut, a pain to open so we only try to go in there once a day!) I do all our cooking with a one ring camping stove (you know the ones that everyone says are really bad and you should never have on a boat?), a microwave and a remoska. Get creative and you can make anything - I made a full christmas roast with just that lot last year!

Hi all,

Do you live on frozen food at the moment ?

Living in London helps because there is no shortage of shops to get fresh food at all hours, but we generally eat the same as we did when we lived in a bricky thing.

Top tip is to cook a spag bol one day, make extra and turn that into a chilli the next.

Rob