Elsan disposal

Smelly

Featured Posts

Well, we're into the wonders of bogs again.

I will begin by saying that if the freeze continues until February as has been suggested loosely, then the vast majority of pump out tanks would be full if they were lived with such as ours. Also, lets just say that as a self fitout a really big pre-fab tank would have been beyond me and hence even now, 4 weeks in I'd have worse problems. Please, you PO users don't be smug...

So, to business... The elsans are all frozen. We've very little cassette space left. I can't see us moving before the New Year (that'll be 6 weeks solid). I have a plan...

The elsan point I have in mind is the "dump though" variety where it just dumps down into the sceptic tank; no frozen bowl of water betwixt our poo and it's timely end.

My plan is to use a couple of buckets of cut water to flush and rinse.

Can anyone see any drawbacks? Other than the 6 mile round trip!

Can you not dig a hole (possibly easier said than done with the frost) and bury the contents of said cassette?

I think digging a hole in Brum to dump his dunny could cause problems. The only problem I see with his idea is filling his bucket from the iced over cut.

Ebay Clicky

That's the one. Mr S is in Birmingham , plenty of foul sewers under the streets. When you lift the 2cwt cover be very careful not to let it fall on your foot, it can do serious damage and don't ask me how I know this. Also, choose a quiet,traffic free boulevard, the m/holes tend to be in the middle of the carriageway. I suppose you could take some cones & barriers to go round your work site? Thinks...... could you use an inverted traffic cone as a funnel into the vent holes in the man-hole cover?

Bill

I have considered.the hole idea but there are chemicals I'd rather not share, the ground in it's tundra esque state may be unwilling to co-operate and last time I did it I got caught...

Hedges are put of the question.

Carl, it'll take that long to get here that's strictly plan D, but plan a for next time...

If you are paying to be on a BW mooring and the description of the facilities for that mooring states water and elsan available then is that not a trade description. If so then BW should assist you to empty those toilet tanks. Perhaps if asked they might send a van to take you and your full tanks to the nearest working elsan.

On the otherhand, they might not!

The flush is frozen on ours but the sewage side drains ok at present.