Who did the proof reading??

Featured Posts

I make you the third dave!

All the spelling was done by yours truly. Im hoping to improve the artwork at some point, but typo corrected, its not a bad lash up when you compare to looking at an invision powerboard logo!

Daniel

It's only something to add to the "to do" list, not exactly a major criticism. I don't expect it to be fixed RIGHT NOW and nor do I think it's particularly urgent or important. Nonetheless nearly every tag line to do with this forum says "Canal World" as two separate words, and I don't think we should be changing the name. That whole "shoving lots of words together in our logo" thing is getting very dated now anyway (FirstCapitalConnect, for example). I'm just raising it as an issue to be addressed, and that shouldn't detract in any way from the good work that has been done. Better to be a good forum member and contribute rather than staying silent and not helping, surely?

Shouldn't there be a gap between "Canal" and "World" in the header, too?

The description at the top of my screen says "Canal World Discussion Forums" rather than "Canalworld Discussion Forums".

I did think briefly about this, as well as the capitalisation I used, although the above is not as such a well thought out deliberate move and can be put of for debate if wished.

Give the guy some slack, people!... he is working extremely hard sorting this out....

Hehe, it can feel a bit like that!

But no, generally, I would rather know people thoughts than not. Particularly the initial typo which really did want changing, and is something i would probably never have notice myself.

Daniel

Sometime ago I started a small business and had some stationary printed by a local company.

However after about two months of trading and sending many letters etc. it came to my notice that the word 'Principal' as in owner was spelt 'Principle'. I had to chuck out 4 reams of the stuff including compliment slips and so on.

I can see how easy it is to not notice slight mishaps etc.

In an earlier post I mentioned I wasn't too sure about the new format. Now I have to say that I am getting used to it. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that Dan was encouraged to hang on and say nowt, until we old uns get used to the changes.

Martyn

Sometime ago I started a small business and had some stationary printed by a local company.

However after about two months of trading and sending many letters etc. it came to my notice that the word 'Principal' as in owner was spelt 'Principle'. I had to chuck out 4 reams of the stuff including compliment slips and so on.

I can see how easy it is to not notice slight mishaps etc.

Martyn

Exactly :lol: :lol:

Tim

Edited by Timleech

Well your all wrong so far!! :lol:

I see a flight of dragons surrounded by Spitfires spiralling into clouds of infinite peace and tranquillity. I think it's time for my pill.

Nurse!

Richard

• Greenie 1

Flippin eck!

You can not get away with owt on hear......

Martyn

Words I try to avoid in writing: stationery/stationary and principle/principal - it is so easy to get them so wrong!

I think they're Hurricanes.

No - definitely Spits, Hurricanes can't turn that tightly . . .

I did think briefly about this, as well as the capitalisation I used, although the above is not as such a well thought out deliberate move and can be put of for debate if wished.

I think 'CANAL WORLD' - two words all in caps would work better - also being totally pedantic, there is more than one forum but I feel 'CANAL WORLD DISCUSSION FORUM' works best.

Words I try to avoid in writing: stationery/stationary and principle/principal - it is so easy to get them so wrong!

There's lots of words i try and avoid in writing, or have to 'write around' because i cant spell them or, in cases, even get close enough a smell chequer can work out what i want. But when there that close, i dont really bother.... :lol:

Daniel

There's lots of words i try and avoid in writing, or have to 'write around' because i cant spell them or, in cases, even get close enough a smell chequer can work out what i want. But when there that close, i dont really bother.... :lol:

Daniel

But when they're that close...

:lol:

Richard

So many traps for the unwary