Breasting up..???

Evo

Featured Posts

F

You have also left quite an impression on Steve (AKA Dad, not our real one by the way). No one said your way of life was wrong, he and we both said you where the stereotypical narrowboat owners.

Please tell me the Phylis opinion of stereotypical narrowboat owner?

The beard diversion seemed to provide a welcome interlude, giving the opposing parties time to regroup and continue the battle, with renewed vigour, though.

Quite possibly, but I can't be arsed to read enough of this rubbish to have even noticed a "beard diversion".

No there aren't, but this time (and you know that I basically like you, I started the Phylis fan club) I am going to have a pop at you. I am not that familiar with the character of your mooring spots, but you do NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISTURB PEOPLE INTO THE SMALL HOURS, OR EVEN LARGE HOURS just because it's your chosen lifestyle. They arrived on a quiet mooring, they may well have planned bedtime for ten or eleven o'clock after a few drinks, or even have a recalicitrant child on board who sleeps fitfully. Unless you were already there showing the "we're having a party until 3 am signs" they got first pick, not you. Their right to sleep is as valid your right to party.

IF you got there first and warned others who thought of stopping that a party was to be held fair enough, but you shouldn't go around commandeering a mooring for a party and suggesting that others who don't like it, but are already moored, move on.

Of course it may be that you are such a dull lot that the only sound is corks popping because you don't talk/shout/sing, but that would be a unique experience for a party...

We have a few moorings we choose to descend on should we be having a party. None of which are suitable nor chosen for a quiet evening afloat. Well not unless you choose to moor outside busy city centre and town centre pubs at the weekend for a quiet evening asleep. Saxilby may be the only one that you could consider as quiet but the local youth (of the non boating variety) would soon put pay to that anyway.

The we are having a party signs are a few 5ft by 3ft beer flags. They are fairly obvious.

Please tell me the Phylis opinion of stereotypical narrowboat owner?

Smudge and the Fairy

I've met both, and lots of other narrow boaters, (a great deal of other narrow boaters!).

I hope I'll not offend either by saying they were not close to any "average" I'd come up with......

(Well unlike me, they would fail the "anything like average age" test, as the very first hurdle!)

But..but..there was even mention of a bowler hat!

Well I can see you are trying to get me to go back there, but it's Spike's thoughts that are keeping me in this thread at the moment.

It's obvious that in his own way he was a lot saner than many!

I've met both, and lots of other narrow boaters, (a great deal of other narrow boaters!).

I hope I'll not offend either by saying they were not close to any "average" I'd come up with......

(Well unlike me, they would fail the "anything like average age" test, as the very first hurdle!)

It may be worth pointing out, though, that neither of them have beards (unless they've grown one, since Moley's 50th).

It may be worth pointing out, though, that neither of them have beards (unless they've grown one, since Moley's 50th).

As I recall last time I saw them, Smudge definitely didn't have a beard, but I couldn't tell with Purple Fairy as she was attempting to live through an enormous hangover at the time.

Neither were rude, judgemental or opinionated though. Very good company as I remember them

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Very good company as I remember them

Indeed,

I might even be prepared to breast my boat against theirs......

In an emergency, of course.......

If they'll let me, of course.......

Well, I have just proved to myself that the 'ignore posts' button is redundant as I have just managed to ignore all Phylis's posts and the ensuing subthread in person.

And beards are generally a positive in the Chertsey Big Book of Prejudices.

Guest wanted

I didn't have a beard when I started reading this thread.. :lol:

Phyllis, Budweiser, 2am and a flag sounds like a lame ass party to me, but hey only one life!

Smudge and fairy,I don't know you but if you are ever in west London do pop in, we have a sticker on the side of our boat welcoming weird and twisted boaters! :lol:

Spike top man!!!

:lol:

In one of spikes book he descibes in one simple sentence how dark and dismal their billet hut was.

'when you turned on the light -the room got darker' ........................ Brilliant!!!!

Alex

Mob might be a little harsh.

I dont think Dad, Uncle Ted and Grandad Graham would like that.

If there is enough space for us to squeeze our boats in then, yes. As long as we get a few boats on the bank the others will raft up and make merry. There are no rules against mooring up and having a good time.

I'd cut your line's, River or not.

After reading this lot I've just remembered why I don't employ young women. :lol::lol:

Yes,

If you are paying some of them to do a job of work, it does seem you might often not be getting full value for your money!

I'd cut your line's, River or not.

Well then you could expect a visit from both the local police and the local BW enforcement officer. Endangering life and cutting lines they would both be interested in.

I didn't have a beard when I started reading this thread.. :lol:

Phyllis, Budweiser, 2am and a flag sounds like a lame ass party to me, but hey only one life!

Smudge and fairy,I don't know you but if you are ever in west London do pop in, we have a sticker on the side of our boat welcoming weird and twisted boaters! :lol:

Maybe you should come and join in a Burton party. There is far more to it than that. They are anything but lame parties, as said before one life, live it.

Smudge and Fairy dont have beards, but then again neither do a lot of other NB owners. Your stereotype is not the same as ours.

Yes,

If you are paying some of them to do a job of work, it does seem you might often not be getting full value for your money!

No, that will be why i have only just finished at gone 8pm after starting at 8am and why i will be on site at 7am so that i can finish by 5pm and go to the boat.