Southern GU

gralyn

Featured Posts

We will be starting the third leg of our summer cruise travelling from Gayton Junction to Brentford tomorrow. After enjoying the free pump-outs on the EA system for the last few weeks I looked up in my Nicholsons for the BW facilities. Alas it is too old to show the places where BW pump-outs are - can anyone list them for me?. The second unknown is where are the best places to top up with Diesel?. I would hate to top up at the most expensive place on the cut because I was running low only to find out the the cheapest is just a fw miles away.

Thanks in advance.

To see where we have been check out the blog gralyns log (second link below)

Edited by gralyn

Thanks in advance.

To see where we have been check out the blog gralyns log (second link below)

Hi,

There is a pump out and diesel at Cowroast marina (not sure of prices) and diesel is available fom Peter Hawker (Bletchley) who will be going North from Berko area sometime next week (starting the 05th). His prices and service are normally excellent.

Leo.

"Apart from possibly the one at Brentford mentioned above (I haven't been there recently)"

Have faith! I promise you - there is one in Brentford - well there was yesterday! :-)

I believe you ... is it BW or BWML (there's usually a big difference in price)

There is indeed one at apley marina ( bwml) see dave the mooring warden they were 12.00 from memory last year)

the option you have is NB Baron - normally based at Denham Deep lock - operated by Pete Wakeham - his pump outs are only 10.00 a go

and he operates between ricky to limehouse offering a mobile pump out and also sells diesel / coal etc..

Tom on arcimedes also sells fuels over the same waters but dosnt do pump out.

Harefield marina also do pump outs but cost 15.00 - best at weekends when the lad does a good job - mid week the others dont take as much care...in getting you fully empty !!

hope that helps

Apart from possibly the one at Brentford mentioned above (I haven't been there recently) I'm pretty certain that there are no BW pumpout facilities anywhere on the southern GU

Being pedantic, (and doesn't help OP if they are going straight to Brentford), but there is one at the BW facilities just before Little Venice. I'm sure it's technically on the Paddington Arm, (and hence Grand Union), rather than the Regents!.

If you can't find it cheaper on a fuel boat, then Uxbridge Boat Centre generally offer one of the most competitive prices for diesel sold from the bank, (and will do a slightly lower price once you exceed a certain volume). But beware, they don't open at all on Monday