Road repairs, forum style

Odana

Featured Posts

It started raining when my roof was due for its second coat today. So we moved the boat under the convenient road bridge. Sadly, some ba****d engineer designed the Sheffield ring road with a 3" gap in the central reservation between the lanes in the bridge section. How inconsiderate!! So the rain dripped on my paint. This made us sad.

However, we were not to be beaten by a mere bit of bridge design. A sheet of discarded lino was cut into strips and I skipped through the ring road traffic armed with lino and gaffer tape to deal with the offending hole. Five minutes and many bemused looks later - job done. Painter now working in cosy dry paint dock. I did consider leaving the lino flowery side up, but went for the discreet utilitarian option.

This has made me very smily today. Bookings for Sheffield's new improved paint dock now being taken...

image0040sb.jpg

image0042s.jpg

image0044c.jpg

Oh top-hole wheeze, Odana . . .

Have you considered using expanding builders foam for a semi-permanent treatment that will beat the average M-Way worker

No, but others have mentioned it.

Though I've just been told by a neighbour that the gap has had its uses - using the bridge as an engine block. That slit is just perfect for getting a chain up through, apparently. Bet that got funny looks too.

See, we have all facilities in Sheffield Basin! Kind of a shame this is my last night here ever, really. No doubt havoc can be wreaked in Birmingham too (ponders options at Spaghetti Junction....).

Guest wanted
No, but others have mentioned it.

Though I've just been told by a neighbour that the gap has had its uses - using the bridge as an engine block. That slit is just perfect for getting a chain up through, apparently. Bet that got funny looks too.

See, we have all facilities in Sheffield Basin! Kind of a shame this is my last night here ever, really. No doubt havoc can be wreaked in Birmingham too (ponders options at Spaghetti Junction....).

Terrible accident there today, 6 injured and one pasta way!

Taxi!

Absolutley, utterley brilliant....Well done that man.

That woman, please. The men had been muttering about the gap for years, apparently....

I drove past my little lino strip on the way out this evening and realised how often we never have any idea what's going on just metres away from our feet/wheels etc. Am still grinning. :lol:

I ahem "stashed" some paint brushes under the M42 near Alvechurch last year, just leave 'em clean...

Edited by Smelly