Posts Missing

Featured Posts

I think they may need to be 'approved' by a mod, before they go live? Shoot one of them a PM to see what's up.

Isn't that a tad harsh?

(Edited to remove double-posting)

Edited by Keeping Up

It might be worth asking Daniel why this restriction is in place that posts in that section have to be moderator approved.

I must admit I gave up trying to get posts approved in a timely manner, and just posted details of a cruise in something like "general boating", so it appears immediately.

I can't guess why cruise diaries has traditionally had this restriction ?

It might be worth asking Daniel why this restriction is in place that posts in that section have to be moderator approved.

I must admit I gave up trying to get posts approved in a timely manner, and just posted details of a cruise in something like "general boating", so it appears immediately.

I can't guess why cruise diaries has traditionally had this restriction ?

For the same reason I'v always just posted my cruise diaries in 'Waterways holidays'

Still not showing posts on forum, but are showing in my posts, so I wonder if the moderators do not read the Technical and Account Support area as well a the Cruise Diaries?.

Regards

Andy

If you report your own post then a mod will definitely see it.

I must admit I'm confused as to why "cruise diary" entries have to be vetted. I totally understand it with the "for sale & wanted" section. For me the primary aim of the cruise diary is letting fellow forum members know where we are so if they're in the area they can contact us to meet / share locks / drink beer if they so wish. Not a lot of good if there's a 48+ hour time lag, which is totally understandable in the summer months when the mods are busy cruising.

Can anyone from the moderating team explain the logic please

:lol: Smiley added so it doesn't sound stroppy!

To be honest Ange, I've not a clue... it's probably just an historic thing which was decided at some point. Personally I have never known that particular section to be abused, like the For Sale & Wanted usually is so I shall ask our lord and master what his view on it is...

.... DAN!?

I must admit I'm confused as to why "cruise diary" entries have to be vetted. I totally understand it with the "for sale & wanted" section.

I have to admit I was thinking exactly that only the other day.

Now changed.

Daniel

To be honest Ange, I've not a clue... it's probably just an historic thing which was decided at some point. Personally I have never known that particular section to be abused, like the For Sale & Wanted usually is so I shall ask our lord and master what his view on it is...

.... DAN!?

Thanks Liam :lol:

Edited because I cross posted with Dan - thanks Dan :lol:

Edited by Ange