Ownerships

Thewatchmaker

Featured Posts

Worrying thing seem to be happening with Ownerships, judging by recent postings on their forum.

Looks like all the balls are no longer in the air !

As an ex-Ownerships member, I saw your post and went immediately to the Ownerships web-site. Maybe it was me, but I couldn't find the Owners' forum.

So would you care to be more explicit?

Regards,

Bob.

Try this link

Clicky

Thank you. Much appreciated.

While it would be premature to make a judgement, I can very much see where some of the forum contributors are coming from. The Buyback Scheme always made me a little uneasy. As did the "free boating" offer.

What little we (think we) know doesn't make good reading.

Hopefully the meeting will make everything clear.

However, having enjoyed 7 happy years as Ownerships owners, I'd like to think that the scheme could continue successfully.

Bob.

Worrying thing seem to be happening with Ownerships, judging by recent postings on their forum.

Looks like all the balls are no longer in the air !

I can see nothing on the ownerships forum which would give cause for concern apart from problems with jet thrusters!

Can the O/P be specific as to the "worrying" postings.

I can see nothing on the ownerships forum which would give cause for concern apart from problems with jet thrusters!

Can the O/P be specific as to the "worrying" postings.

The thread has been deleted. Which just makes it smell a bit more to my mind.

http://pub2.bravenet.com/forum/static/show...42&cmd=show

Ha. Even the new one has gone now!

Edit: A third thread was started. That too has now been deleted.

Edit: Then two more were stared. They have been deleted too. That's five now, all deleted.

Edit: And another one. Six.

Edit: "This forum is locked and posting is not allowed "

Am I cynical or does that smell?

Edited by Gibbo

Ha. Even the new one has gone now!

Edit: A third thread was started. That too has now been deleted.

Edit: Then two more were stared. They have been deleted too. That's five now, all deleted.

Edit: And another one. Six.

Edit: "This forum is locked and posting is not allowed "

Am I cynical or does that smell?

As it happens, I spoke to one of of Ownerships managers today. I certainly did not get the impression that O/S had any financial problems.

I would suggest that those that posted on the O/S forum post any allegations here.

As it happens, I spoke to one of of Ownerships managers today. I certainly did not get the impression that O/S had any financial problems.

I would suggest that those that posted on the O/S forum post any allegations here.

I have no idea. But the sequence of events, deleting 6 threads, one after the other, then locking the forum seems a very odd thing to do.

Did you read the original email?

As it stands at the moment plenty of conspiracy but nothing on the O/S board to support it

Whilst being a staunch admirer of your work involved in unlocking the secrecy and shadiness around British Waterways, Allan, to say "I can see nothing on the ownerships forum which would give cause for concern", after it has been deleted, censored or locked does seem somewhat ironic.

I would think that rather than being ironic, the fact that items have been removed and are no longer visible, supports the fact that there is nothing to 'see'.

Secrecy, and the removal of posts and threads, breeds conspiracy. Forums I have been part of as a contributor in the past that have removed or 're-arranged' certain items, are ones I have left well alone, as clearly someone had something to hide for unknown fears of contravening some politically correct procedure, or simply that they wanted 'their' forum to promote 'their' point of view. Such is the way in which free speech is denied and dictatorship is born.

Derek

PS It is of course, quite possible I have the wrong end of a stick!

Edited by Derek R.

Lets not all jump to conclusions till the true facts emerge. Phil Capp, busines manager of OwnerShips has said on the OS forum this morning that the threads were NOT deleted by any OwnerShips staff and he is investigating what actually happenned.

haggis

I would think that rather than being ironic, the fact that items have been removed and are no longer visible, supports the fact that there is nothing to 'see'.

Secrecy, and the removal of posts and threads, breeds conspiracy. Forums I have been part of as a contributor in the past that have removed or 're-arranged' certain items, are ones I have left well alone, as clearly someone had something to hide for unknown fears of contravening some politically correct procedure, or simply that they wanted 'their' forum to promote 'their' point of view. Such is the way in which free speech is denied and dictatorship is born.

Derek

PS It is of course, quite possible I have the wrong end of a stick!

But with open communication also comes responsibility. Reputations and business can be destroyed by a downright lie.

It is no good running into a crowded building and shouting fire just because you can. That way panic, mob rule and anarchy is born.

I have just posted this on the OwnerShips forum -

As some owners will recall, I had some involvement with this forum a while back when it ran into technical difficulties due to Bravenet upgrading forum software. Phil Capp contacted me this morning asking me to investigate. My conclusion is that someone with administrator privileges to the forum deleted threads and possibly locked the forum for a period of time yesterday. I can not determine who that person was and it would be idle speculation to suggest motives. Action has already been taken which, hopefully, will prevent any repetition.

Regards

Allan

The post which started this has been reposted -

Dear Owner

On the demise of Allen Matthews I was appointed executor and finance director of Ownerships Ltd.

The task of unravelling the audit trail of Ownerships Ltd has been far from easy. Having completed this process I would like to

hold a meeting with all parties who have invested in the Free Management Scheme, the Marina Investment or

Fradley Investment Schemes and those who joined the Buy Back Schemes.

I cannot express strongly enough the importance of everyone attending this meeting.

Details of the venue and directions are attached. This meeting invitation and directions will be posted as well.

We would ask that you do not contact the office with your queries or concerns, all of these will be addressed at the meeting.

If you are unable to attend then an information pack will be sent to you on the 10th May 2010.

Kind Regards

Anthony Trueman

Executor & Finance Director

Ownerships Ltd

:lol:

I just happen to have saved most of the posts from that forum that were deleted.

Shall I go and repost them and see what happens?

It smells. Even more now.

How difficult will it be, using their forum administration software, to check the IP address of the person who deleted the posts and locked the forum?

I just happen to have saved most of the posts from that forum that were deleted.

Shall I go and repost them and see what happens?

It smells. Even more now.

How difficult will it be, using their forum administration software, to check the IP address of the person who deleted the posts and locked the forum?

That could brighten up an otherwise dull afternoon? Or land somebody, somewhere with a 'seize and desist' (sp) order?

I'm getting some popcorn at any rate, this has the potential for prolonged entertainment. (unless one is financially involved, in which case I presume this is no laughing matter at all...)