bike rack on the back

terryvanman

Featured Posts

Has anyone fitted a bike rack of some description on the back of their boats as I'm looking to fit one on mine all suggestions welcome

18.jpg

I made these up from a couple of trailer jockey wheels, they can be wound up or down and swivel to allow bikes on board for easier removal.

Took them off after several months of not using bikes :lol:

Worked well though :lol:

Has anyone fitted a bike rack of some description on the back of their boats as I'm looking to fit one on mine all suggestions welcome

I had a witter cycle rack welded to the back, http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/accessorie...rylist.aspx?T=3 got mine off ebay, very pleased and very secure.

Regards

Phil

Our cruiser stern has a steel platform bolted to the stern - it was fitted when we bought it. It's a seriously industrial bit of kit - you could put a motorbike on and it wouldn't flinch! Two pushbikes are easy. Word of warning, we got caught out in our very early days when trying to turn back on ourselves in high wind. The stern was pushed back into the bank as we turned and the rear wheel of the bike, which was lokced on, caught. Next thing - snap! The bike frame snapped clean in two reducing my 1980s road racer into a handy folded brompton. Just worth less. Moral of story is remember the bike rack when cruising.