Not lighting your stove

Guest wanted

Featured Posts

Hi all, Just dawned on me that I let the stove go out yesterday and didn't bother to light it today, I declare spring time! :lol:

I lit mine after coming in late last night. I'm now sitting here with the doors & side hatches open after waking up in a hot boat.

Edited by blackrose

Yeah Spring is sprung, witnessed my first Terrorist strike of the year this morning. Had gone up the river in my tender to get a paper and some milk and moored on the public staithe, 2 hire boats were attempting to leave the mooring but wind and tide were against them. I suggested it would be far easier to leave by going astern but they ignored my advice and just powered ahead hitting a private cruise tearing off the rubbing strake and some stainless corner plates in the process.

Did they stop? of course not, just as well there were plenty of witnesses.

Phil

Edited by Phil Ambrose

Hi all, Just dawned on me that I let the stove go out yesterday and didn't bother to light it today, I declare spring time! :lol:

And Eostara having just passed it is, indeed official!

I love this time of year. Fire burning to keep the chill off but windows and hatches open so it doesn't get too hot. It's the ambience I best remember.

Guest wanted
And Eostara having just passed it is, indeed official!

I love this time of year. Fire burning to keep the chill off but windows and hatches open so it doesn't get too hot. It's the ambience I best remember.

Indeed, happy equinox, I may have been a little optimistic, Have just got back from a night out and was hoping the stove fairies had been in to light up, but alsas, not to be, too late now, we'll see what the morning brings. :lol:

(go innisfree, tell me I told you so!)

Gritter has just gone past with all beacons flashing. :lol:

Noooo - surely not!!

We've been letting our stove go out overnight and not lighting it till the evening - it's still a bit chilly to do without it. Have to have the windows open though - it gets a tad warm in the cabin (still early enough in the year to have windows open and lights on without being inundated with pesky flying, swooping things)

We were planning to retrieve our summer duvet from mum & dad's loft this weekend and swap it with winter duvet - news of gritters is making me wonder if we're being a bit hasty!

Noooo - surely not!!

We've been letting our stove go out overnight and not lighting it till the evening - it's still a bit chilly to do without it. Have to have the windows open though - it gets a tad warm in the cabin (still early enough in the year to have windows open and lights on without being inundated with pesky flying, swooping things)

We were planning to retrieve our summer duvet from mum & dad's loft this weekend and swap it with winter duvet - news of gritters is making me wonder if we're being a bit hasty!

We are 1000 feet up here and are noted for the first signs of ice. It has been a lot milder during the day. I wasnt in denial about spring coming just passing comment on the fact that we can still get some very cold nights. My tomato plants are coming on a main in the greenhouse. :lol:

Well we've finally done it and not lit the stove! We cooked in the cabin the last couple of nights and decided enough was enough. I have two sleeping bags wrapped around me now because it is still a wee bit chilly, but prefer that to baking.

Roll on spring - I can't wait!