Pumpout/cassette  

74 members have voted

1. 1. I have pumpout loo and empty it every, or prefer cassette

• 2-4 weeks
    • 4-6 weeks
    • 8 + weeks
    • Have cassette and prefer it..

Featured Posts

The furthest I've ever carried a cassette is to the car, when I've been iced in. otherwise it is the few yards from boat to elsan point.

My cassettes last about a week and a half each, giving 3 weeks between emptying, if necessary.

I don't drive.

True but if you're filling a cassette every few days then you need to check your diet.

Hmm, the toilet here in this website has a 21 litre waste tank. For 3 days thats only 7 litres a day. Not much. If you have a spare cassette, that still only gives 6 days and means you have 3 days with a cassette full of shit hanging around somewhere on board.

May as well just go the whole hog and have a proper tank of shit :lol:

Hmm, the toilet here in this website has a 21 litre waste tank. For 3 days thats only 7 litres a day. Not much. If you have a spare cassette, that still only gives 6 days and means you have 3 days with a cassette full of shit hanging around somewhere on board.

May as well just go the whole hog and have a proper tank of shit :lol:

So how long do you have a tank full of shit, hanging about on board?

I store my cassettes in a locker, outside. Most pumpout tanks are very much indoors.

So how long do you have a tank full of shit, hanging about on board?

Between 3 and 4 weeks, however it is safely stashed away in the bowels of the boat, never to be seen again, nor tripped over, nor its contents spilled, nor seen again, nor manually emptied, nor trapsed along a towpath, .........................................

We had a dump through pumpout it was vile they smell even if cleaned out.I think the pump outs with a tankunder the bed would be good, less smell, unless they get blocked, got a cassette now and like it much better

Personally I'd rather empty a cassette, every now and then, rather than know all that excrement is swilling around, under my bed.

What is the obsession with storing shit?

Personally, I'd like to store as little as possible, and 34 litres is more than enough to have around.

Your diet is unbalanced. The ration of piss to shit is way out if you only have shit in your cassette.

Richard

How do you get it out, with a stick?

Between 3 and 4 weeks, however it is safely stashed away in the bowels of the boat, never to be seen again, nor tripped over, nor its contents spilled, nor seen again, nor manually emptied, nor trapsed along a towpath, .........................................

Never seen a poo tank split, then?

Personally, apart from the expense and the ones that stink, I have no great objection to pump outs.

Self pump out is truly gross and should be banned, though.

(lights fuse paper and retires to a safe distance)

Personally I'd rather empty a cassette, every now and then, rather than know all that excrement is swilling around, under my bed.

You have a great deal swilling around inside you at any one time without being misconstrued, I dont know what we all get worked up about its just a by product of our natural process. We are all full of shit whether we like it or not..;,/[ :lol:

Never seen a poo tank split, then?

Personally, apart from the expense and the ones that stink, I have no great objection to pump outs.

Self pump out is truly gross and should be banned, though.

(lights fuse paper and retires to a safe distance)

To be clear, you are referring to people using their own pump out equipment, not using the BW pump out equipment that works with cards, right?

Richard

I prefer cassette systems because they take up less room. boats have limited storage in the first place so why use it up storing stuff that nature has its way of telling you you don't want?