IPad

steelaway

Featured Posts

Yes I want one......dont care what it cant do, but its perfect to take to Uni for instant research, and yes I could take a lap top like my Air but that needs a dedicated bag to protect it from dusty studio floors, and my iPhone has browsing capability but the screen is a tad small, so the iPad is perfect and its Apple!

I want one and I want it now!...stamp...stamp...

Yes I want one......dont care what it cant do, but its perfect to take to Uni for instant research, and yes I could take a lap top like my Air but that needs a dedicated bag to protect it from dusty studio floors, and my iPhone has browsing capability but the screen is a tad small, so the iPad is perfect and its Apple!

You will have to wait...

girlDM_228x428.jpg

Showing my age, confusing three threads, I was thinking i was on my iphone thread, a very worrying development along with eating a full bag of custard donuts... :lol:

you are forgiven, I was almost apoplectic with the sneaking suspicion that you had somehow got one faster than Beloved Son!

enjoy the iPhone, you will love it, its what your left hand is for.

you are forgiven, I was almost apoplectic with the sneaking suspicion that you had somehow got one faster than Beloved Son!

enjoy the iPhone, you will love it, its what your left hand is for.

Thanks its a big technology step for me... :lol: and my left hand well.. :lol:

Edited for decency..

Edited by soldthehouse

If it was hackable

- somebody out there will do it....

Crafty on the dedicated micro SIM card type though - should fox the hackers for a while as I guess 'locking it down' will be helped considerably by tying it down to a particular network.

typo edit

Edited by MJG

- somebody out there will do it....

Crafty on the dedicated micro SIM card type though - should fox the hackers for a while as I guess 'locking it down' will be helped considerably by tying it down to a particular network.

typo edit

Just when I thought I was making technological progress you start talking hebrew again Martin... :lol:

As long as you don't mind not being able to use sites that require Flash ..

Me personally disables Flash on all the browsers I use, mainly because the browser is more stable and quicker. Bonus is that's it gets rid of all those flash ads (although I use adblock as well) and flash is used by alot of sites to keep track of people as people now know about cookies, but not Flash cookies.

I already have the iPad Nano!

Me personally disables Flash on all the browsers I use, mainly because the browser is more stable and quicker. Bonus is that's it gets rid of all those flash ads (although I use adblock as well) and flash is used by alot of sites to keep track of people as people now know about cookies, but not Flash cookies.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I know that Flash is resource heavy, bug-ridden (especially the Mac version) bugger. But - if you want, or need, to use a site that uses Flash then you'll never be able to on the iPad.

The Micro Sim is basically the 3 gen SIM, the first was credit card size, the second is the more common. However they all use the same chip and a 2nd gen SIM can be cut down to be Micro size if need be. A lot of very small devices are using this SIM already.

The device isn't locked but in America it doesn't support the T-Mobile network (different frequency) and there's only two Networks that have GSM. Over here I think it supports all of them (I will have to double check the frequencys to confirm). Googles Nexus One did the same, and only supported T-Mobile in the US.

Just when I thought I was making technological progress you start talking hebrew again Martin... :lol:

Apple have rather cleverly (some would say deviously :lol: ) used a smaller SIM card in the iPad (not the iPhone) meaning they are able (until somebody finds a workaround) able to virtually guarantee they can dictate which mobile phone network(s) it can connect to.

It is technically possible (though not recommended as it invalidates the warranty) to hack/unlock the iPhone you are getting this week so that it can receive and work with a SIM card from any phone provider.

By using a non standard type Apple can quite readily close this previously open loop hole - that is as I say until some clever person out there finds a way around it.

The record shows the greater challenge these big multi-corps present the higher the chance somebody will dedicate their living and breathing hours until it's overcome.