• BW won't object, but it is rather cheeky
    • Seriously extracting the proverbial
  3. 3. Whaley Bridge, Marple, Congleton, Kidsgrove, Macclesfield

• Perfectly OK
    • OK by me, but I suspect BW would object
    • BW won't object, but it is rather cheeky
    • Seriously extracting the proverbial

Featured Posts

So despite being moored at Furness Vale on your new mooring you are now saying you cant moor elsewhere in Furness Vale when out on the cut there?

If the answer is yes I will come and meet you with a £100 bet and a video camera for youtube and prove that you are nothing more than the equivalent of a bored curtain twitcher who is singling out a minority because you appear to have nothing better to do.

No where to moor in Furness Vale?

Totally false information.

Granted yes there are some boats along there that are CC moorers who are actually the people who used to CC moore in Whaley Bridge but got moved on from their moorings in front of Tesco.

You and whatever your agenda is is not positive for the canals.

You have looked for this problem and over exaggerated the reality of it hence why you have no formal data to back up your complaint.

Why you would even wish to moor up there is beyond me anyway.

Jeez some people :lol:

May I also add for other members of this forum who don't go up to this area as much as I can that the place Dave is talking about although very lovely to look at is actually opposite a sewage works!

So what. One of our favourite local moorings is next to a sewerage works. The Saxilby moorings are very pretty and also extremely popular come summer.

So despite being moored at Furness Vale on your new mooring you are now saying you cant moor elsewhere in Furness Vale when out on the cut there?

My new mooring isn't at Furness Vale, it is at New Mills

If the answer is yes I will come and meet you with a £100 bet and a video camera for youtube and prove that you are nothing more than the equivalent of a bored curtain twitcher who is singling out a minority because you appear to have nothing better to do.

No where to moor in Furness Vale?

Totally false information.

Totally accurate information.

• It is not possible to moor above bridge 31, due to a lack of depth.
  • Mooring is not allowed opposite the marina.
  • The only mooring spot is north of bridge 30, and the fake cc-ers hog that mooring.

Granted yes there are some boats along there that are CC moorers who are actually the people who used to CC moore in Whaley Bridge but got moved on from their moorings in front of Tesco.

What on earth is a "CC moorer". If you CC you don't have a mooring. Some of the boats moored at Furness Vale are probably the boats that took up residence on the aqueduct at Bridgemont, but what of it? Thes boaters claim that they are continuous cruising, but have instead decided to occupy the towpath here permanently.

You and whatever your agenda is is not positive for the canals.

You have looked for this problem and over exaggerated the reality of it hence why you have no formal data to back up your complaint.

What formal data would you like?

These are the only moorings close to Furness Vale, and they are full of CCers, and in particular full of the same CCers all the time.

I'll collect some data for you shall I?

Why you would even wish to moor up there is beyond me anyway.

Jeez some people :lol:

May I also add for other members of this forum who don't go up to this area as much as I can that the place Dave is talking about although very lovely to look at is actually opposite a sewage works!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

The sewage works is south of bridge 31, this area is the other side of Furness Vale Marina, north of bridge 30

• The only mooring spot is north of bridge 30, and the fake cc-ers hog that mooring.

That reflects exactly our experience on the Peak Forest three summers ago. We could not get any where near the bank at Furness Vale, and the only deeper places were occupied. When we got to Whaley Bridge, all the visitor moorings were occupuied by liveaboard boats, so we moored on one of the (several) vacant Permitted Mooring spaces, which we were told by one permit hiolder had been vacant for years.

We spent severaldays in the area including a couple of days at Bugsworth, but needing to leave the boat for two weeks, moored again on one of the vacant permitted moorings. When we returned two weeks later, all the same boats were moored on the same visitor moorings. They may have moved, but some of them managed to protect the weeds growing from the ropes very well if they had moved !

Why do people find it necessary to fool themselves about the true situation, there is (was?) a problem with serious overstaying, which was not being dealt with.

I have to say that people who overstay on busy 48h visitor moorings next to facilities are a pain in the arse. And by overstay I don't mean a couple of days but a couple of months.

Funnily enough I think everyone who has posted, on this thread, agrees with you.

My new mooring isn't at Furness Vale, it is at New Mills

Totally accurate information.

What on earth is a "CC moorer". If you CC you don't have a mooring. Some of the boats moored at Furness Vale are probably the boats that took up residence on the aqueduct at Bridgemont, but what of it? Thes boaters claim that they are continuous cruising, but have instead decided to occupy the towpath here permanently.

What formal data would you like?

These are the only moorings close to Furness Vale, and they are full of CCers, and in particular full of the same CCers all the time.

I'll collect some data for you shall I?

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

The sewage works is south of bridge 31, this area is the other side of Furness Vale Marina, north of bridge 30

Plainly and simply you are not representing the full facts there are moorings there just not perhaps when you go there wishing to moor in one particular spot.

The other side of Furness Vale Marina north of bridge 30 is also easy enough to moor more times than not.

It just goes to show these so called CC moorers do actually move if our debate reflects anything as I have seen them move around all the locations you mention.

Oh right so you are in New Mills now!!

Even further away.

I too agree when people overstay at needed visitor moorings its a pain but thankfully its not the majority of the time.

The data you need to collect needs to be factual evidence that these people have not moved beyond 2 weeks, don't actually have a valid reason known to you,or even have a mooring known to you to the extent you feel its your right to create polls based on an occasional problem when you do decide to move your floating caravan!

Do you pay council tax where you are moored?

Edited by OffGridManc

Plainly and simply you are not representing the full facts there are moorings there just not perhaps when you go there wishing to moor in one particular spot.

The other side of Furness Vale Marina north of bridge 30 is also easy enough to moor more times than not.

It just goes to show these so called CC moorers do actually move if our debate reflects anything as I have seen them move around all the locations you mention.

Oh right so you are in New Mills now!!

Even further away.

I too agree when people overstay at needed visitor moorings its a pain but thankfully its not the majority of the time.

Can you answer us a question?

What is a CC moorer?

Can you answer us a question?

What is a CC moorer?

Yes it is what Dave is assuming anyone who CC is as he has no hard evidence other than occasional visits to the poll locations that people with CC licenses are continuous moorers despite not knowing what license they have or if in fact they have a mooring as hes never spoken to them!

Yes it is what Dave is assuming anyone who CC is as he has no hard evidence other than occasional visits to the poll locations that people with CC licenses are continuous moorers despite not knowing what license they have or if in fact they have a mooring as hes never spoken to them!

Clear as mud mate

OGM,

It appears that the only fact that you are now disputing is whether the moorings at Furness are normally full, having for you facts muddled about the location of the sewage treatment works. Although Chris Pink said you had dave on the ropes Chris was at a disadvantage as he doesn't know the length of canal. Dave Mayall does and so, it transpires, does David Schwiezer, who found exactly the same problem. And so, until two years ago, did I as my boat was moored in High Lane and Bugsworth was a good trip from there. From memory i never could stop at Furness, although with the Navigation at Bugsworth beckoning, I didn't usually wish to.

If Dave Mayall was in Furness Vale Marina then clearly he would have no need to moor on the towpath there, but he's not, he will be moored at New Mills which means he may have a legitimate reason for wanting to moor at Furness, there is, after all a pub and some shops there.

You have previously sought to justify not having a mooring on the grounds of not being able to afford one or not liking the ones on offer: which of these reasons stopped you taking the vacancy at New Mills that Dave Mayall is now taking?

Your argument seems to be reduced to "prove it" when confronted with the continuous moorer problem. You don't actually have to stake a place out or put a webcam up to see a boat isn't moving. A boat that never moves assumes a certain character, infeasibly long grass round the mooring pins, weed growth near the prop etc. okay these don't show up on day 15 but over the course of a few months they do.

Even Chris Pink (who it transpires I largely agree with) would prefer boaters to stick to the letter of the 1995 act and move every 14 days, even if it is simply the whaley bridge and furness boaters swapping places.

And what's with council tax? non-residential boaters don't pay it on moorings, and even residential ones only pay it if the mooring can be classed as an hereditment.

So what, other than trying to make Dave Mayall look silly, is your point?

The data you need to collect needs to be factual evidence that these people have not moved beyond 2 weeks, don't actually have a valid reason known to you,or even have a mooring known to you to the extent you feel its your right to create polls based on an occasional problem when you do decide to move your floating caravan!

From this comment i take it you move your boat on a very regular basis.

Oh hang on you cant do, you dont even know the area you supposedly moored in :lol:

Hmmmm, would take more than a fox to get deleted's goat though, a tiger on the towpath?

I blame the Continuous Moorers.

They probably sacrificed it in a bizarre ritual, fed it to their children then ate their children before running amok down the towpath.

OGM,

It appears that the only fact that you are now disputing is whether the moorings at Furness are normally full, having for you facts muddled about the location of the sewage treatment works. Although Chris Pink said you had dave on the ropes Chris was at a disadvantage as he doesn't know the length of canal. Dave Mayall does and so, it transpires, does David Schwiezer, who found exactly the same problem. And so, until two years ago, did I as my boat was moored in High Lane and Bugsworth was a good trip from there. From memory i never could stop at Furness, although with the Navigation at Bugsworth beckoning, I didn't usually wish to.

If Dave Mayall was in Furness Vale Marina then clearly he would have no need to moor on the towpath there, but he's not, he will be moored at New Mills which means he may have a legitimate reason for wanting to moor at Furness, there is, after all a pub and some shops there.

You have previously sought to justify not having a mooring on the grounds of not being able to afford one or not liking the ones on offer: which of these reasons stopped you taking the vacancy at New Mills that Dave Mayall is now taking?

Your argument seems to be reduced to "prove it" when confronted with the continuous moorer problem. You don't actually have to stake a place out or put a webcam up to see a boat isn't moving. A boat that never moves assumes a certain character, infeasibly long grass round the mooring pins, weed growth near the prop etc. okay these don't show up on day 15 but over the course of a few months they do.

Even Chris Pink (who it transpires I largely agree with) would prefer boaters to stick to the letter of the 1995 act and move every 14 days, even if it is simply the whaley bridge and furness boaters swapping places.

And what's with council tax? non-residential boaters don't pay it on moorings, and even residential ones only pay it if the mooring can be classed as an hereditment.

So what, other than trying to make Dave Mayall look silly, is your point?

Dear dear me.

Have you been to New Mills marina?

Its a shit hole, is that a good enough reason for me not to take a mooring there?

Id rather be on Adamsons than there in Hyde.

Tomorrow I am going to go up to Whalley Bridge and show you all exactly how many places you can moor.

I may even go down to Furness Vale and really rub your noses in it.

You are talking out of your backsides.

The council tax question its clear.

You all get upperty and middle class sounding looking down your noses at others but you provide sweet sod all tax wise towards the local authorities you live in on your boats,which you are not technically supposed to live on,but you do.

But oh no God forbid someone play that card and tell you when your breaking the ''rules'' and taking the ''mick'' when it suits you all.

Frankly Id sooner have the CC and all the inbetweens thaN you lot who clearly should'nt be living on a boat with your interfering pampOs attitudes that do nothing to improve the system.

You all get upperty and middle class sounding looking down your noses at others but you provide sweet sod all tax wise towards the local authorities you live in on your boats,which you are not technically supposed to live on,but you do.

Errr, I don't think any of them are liveaboards on leisure moorings. They are either cc or they don't live on their boats. Check your facts before you start throwing accusations around, please.

Edited by Lady Muck

Frankly Id sooner have the CC and all the inbetweens thaN you lot who clearly should'nt be living on a boat with your interfering pampOs attitudes that do nothing to improve the system.

Dear me! What happened to all the peace and love towards fellow boaters you were eschewing the other day?