Re: BUYER BEWARE

hydrophobia

Featured Posts

Why not?

He has the audacity to use the OP's boat in his website publicity (and another boat that, if you google "narrowboat westwood", will provide more interesting reading) so why shouldn't he have the audacity to try and shut down forum threads?

Those were the good old Westwood days Carlt when one could have a really good arguement without getting moderated. I remember pirate resurfacing after a long time undercover and you two having a really good barny. During that period I defended a certain boat builder mainly on the basis of pirates boat costing £65k to refurbish when it didn't cost that much to build!!! How things change.

So boats are still being built and sold by this person or maybe not,or is it through another company?

If you look at the web site relating to this "builder" you would be hard pressed to see any difference between the company now trading, and a previous company that looked more or less damn nigh identical.

................To the extent that boats built or fitted by them, (including the one under discussion here), show on the current site as examples of their output.

HI, Just wanted to let you all know that my boatbuilder has sent an email to the forum requesting the removal of my thread.I understand their position completely and am extremely grateful that the thread was allowed to run in the first place.I would like to thank all of you for your support and for making my website a big success.We only ever expected a few hundred hits and have over 1,000. Thanks again...Sue

[/quote

Unbelievable!! No hold on a second..............it's not actually!!!

I "heard" he'd been watching the thread & did wonder how long it would be before it was removed. I think it got the message out there though :lol:

Is there anything in forum rules that stops us all changing our auto-signatures to something like.....

"I definitely would not use Bloggs Boats if considering a new build"

as long as we say absolutely nothing derogatory about "Bloggs Boats" ?

If that's OK, it might be a way around this conundrum!

Is there anything in forum rules that stops us all changing our auto-signatures to something like.....

"I definitely would not use Bloggs Boats if considering a new build"

as long as we say absolutely nothing derogatory about "Bloggs Boats" ?

If that's OK, it might be a way around this conundrum!

Would that work though Alan?! :lol:

I thought that a legal requirement of the BK laws was that a time limit was inposed on the BK from being a director or have an official running of a company until they have satisfied various requirements and/or paid back monies to any injuried parties.

So most if they obey the rules have to work and be an employee of another company and have no involment of running one of the companies where the problems have occured.

But as we all know this happens,I once worked for a company that was going firstly into vol Bk and later full Bk,it had several small companies in the group,one of the directors knew and acted very quickly into selling plant and vechicles to a pal for minimal payments and then a few days later bought all back and started trading again.I must say it was not his fault the main company was going under but took full advantage of the situation.I lost wages and holiday pay just receiving the goverments minimum.

I thought that a legal requirement of the BK laws was that a time limit was inposed on the BK from being a director or have an official running of a company until they have satisfied various requirements and/or paid back monies to any injuried parties.

So most if they obey the rules have to work and be an employee of another company and have no involment of running one of the companies where the problems have occured.

But as we all know this happens,I once worked for a company that was going firstly into vol Bk and later full Bk,it had several small companies in the group,one of the directors knew and acted very quickly into selling plant and vechicles to a pal for minimal payments and then a few days later bought all back and started trading again.I must say it was not his fault the main company was going under but took full advantage of the situation.I lost wages and holiday pay just receiving the goverments minimum.

Yes you are right, my boatbuilder is now an employee of his daughter (joke) One of the reasons I went to my MP was to see if anything could be done about serial bankrupts because the law is open to abuse, I have no problem with anyone going bankrupt but some people can't build boats OR manage money, these people should REMAIN as EMPLOYEES and not be employers! It is the DUTY of the trustees to find out if our boatbuilder brought on his own bankruptcy, we did ALL we could to help them with their enquiries!

My boatbuilder has only applied to be bankrupt for 1yr during which time he will have to pay his secured creditors something (prob £1 a wk) but as I am unsecured I am not entitled to anything other than A DUTY OF CARE by the trustees!?

Edited by hydrophobia

they do still use data from meta tags, but it's not the only means for increasing higher rankings. Links to your web site, age of domain, key words within the site textual content, keywords in the title bar (the bit that is displayed on the browser), sitemap xml file for the searchbots to inspect - are just a few techniques that will aid in natural search engine ranking (there are plenty more).

So anybody with a blog can include a link to the site, thereby improving its page rank. Might even raise it above the official site if enough people do it.

So anybody with a blog can include a link to the site, thereby improving its page rank. Might even raise it above the official site if enough people do it.

Yes, the more links a site has to it, the better - that's the nature of the web - links are key. The search engine bots trawl through web-sites and follow links, so if the bots see lots of links to a specific site then that site will get better rankings.

Top man.....I originally was just going to make a 'dead' site ( never expected you all to rally round the way you have)but I really need to target the NEWBIE'S and in order to do that I need my site higher up, things are happening in the background and I think I might start putting developments up on my website, that way you all have to keep clicking on it which will improve its rating and also it won't bring trouble to this forum.

Scrolling down the Google listings gives:

"... the narrowboat are heedlessly parametric than are glomerulus. ... the anemometric candlesnuffer from mired hydrophobia to waterdog and leatherwork, ..."

and

"... roadhog the unintoxicated ordinance of the chloroxylon of the hydrophobia? ... than in poetically narrowboat, and we are awry blackish in tegument, ..."

So I hope you all now understand that!

David Mack

sounds like an advert for Random sweets to me

HI, Just wanted to let you all know that my boatbuilder has sent an email to the forum requesting the removal of my thread.I understand their position completely and am extremely grateful that the thread was allowed to run in the first place.I would like to thank all of you for your support and for making my website a big success.We only ever expected a few hundred hits and have over 1,000. Thanks again...Sue

Hi Sue,

I've watched all the Utube vids, very scary. I'm sorry to hear what you have had to go through

(deleted text)

I wonder why hasn't he commented on here? (Rhetorical)

Kev

Edited to remove questions that cannot be discussed openly on here unfortunately.

Edited by Dyad

Hi Sue,

I've watched all the Utube vids, very scary. I'm sorry to hear what you have had to go through

(deleted text)

I wonder why hasn't he commented on here? (Rhetorical)

Kev

Edited to remove questions that cannot be discussed openly on here unfortunately.

Christ WHAT could HE say???? Mind you when I asked him about WESTWOOD he said Pi**te put a hose pipe into his own boat and thats why it was so wet??????????? So you never know eh?