Waved to the near side??

Featured Posts

Thanks for the abuse.

However, I do think that some moron firing maggots, that stink, and will eventually turn into bluebottles is something that the police should deal with.

Twit? Abuse, mmm. its almost a term of indearmant where I come from.

Ok, I appologise if you think that was abusive, I wasn't expecting you to be a so thin skinned and pale in character

IMHO You are being totally ridiculus though, sorry!

Paul

Which way do your windows open?

The portholes on Alton did not open but the engineroom doors were always open. Both maggot attacks on Alton landed in the open hold where the little wrigglers immediately crawl into corners until they hatch.

My new tug Sandbach has NO windows so I can really repel boarders!

George ex nb Alton retired

Would you call the police if a few maggots got flung at your boat?

I must say the situation has never occured (maybe because we are pleasant to the fisherfolk) but if it did, phoning the police is not what my immediate reaction would be.

Not at all, I'd get off my boat and toe punt him in that small area between a mans ballbag and his bum hole, i believe its call the gouch.

It gives the feeling that one has shat themselvs

Not at all, I'd get off my boat and toe punt him in that small area between a mans ballbag and his bum hole, i believe its call the gouch.

It gives the feeling that one has shat themselvs

I would be interested in how the police would approach the investigation, perhaps a dedicated 'Errant Maggot Squad' would be formulated and suitably resourced with plenty of forensic back up. I think the first step would be to set up a 24 hour Mobile Incident Unit to gather statements from passers-by with loads of overtime for the boys.

I would be interested in how the police would approach the investigation, perhaps a dedicated 'Errant Maggot Squad' would be formulated and suitably resourced with plenty of forensic back up. I think the first step would be to set up a 24 hour Mobile Incident Unit to gather statements from passers-by with loads of overtime for the boys.

They would wait a while then bring in the Flying Squad :lol:

No.

Perhaps they could do it instead of spending half their manpower budget on acting as referee between assorted drunken chavs every weekend.

Because hunting maggot flingers is a better use of their time than referring drunken chavs.

Strange world you live in dear.

Because hunting maggot flingers is a better use of their time than referring drunken chavs.

Strange world you live in dear.

Not at all.

If scumbags wish to go into certain towns and get shitfaced before beating each other senseless, then I don't see why the police should involve themselves.

Either close down the bars and clubs that are involved, or declare it to be a no-go zone, and warn those who venture in there that they do so at their own risk

Not at all.

If scumbags wish to go into certain towns and get shitfaced before beating each other senseless, then I don't see why the police should involve themselves.

Either close down the bars and clubs that are involved, or declare it to be a no-go zone, and warn those who venture in there that they do so at their own risk

And the people living in properties near city centres. Are they not allowed to feel secure in their homes.

Not everybody on a night out is a scum bag, they also deserve to be safe

And the people living in properties near city centres. Are they not allowed to feel secure in their homes.

Not everybody on a night out is a scum bag, they also deserve to be safe

Yes, the people living there are allowed to feel secure.

That is why there are two options there.

If the area that currently requires dozens of police officers every Friday/Saturday includes residential accomodation whose occupiers are the innocent victims of these idiots, then their haunts should be closed.

I appreciate that not everybody on a night out is a scumbag, but in certain town centres, there are large numbers out to get pissed and cause trouble. I see no reason why a disproportionate amount of police time and effort should be devoted to supporting their behaviour.

If the area that currently requires dozens of police officers every Friday/Saturday includes residential accomodation whose occupiers are the innocent victims of these idiots, then their haunts should be closed.

I appreciate that not everybody on a night out is a scumbag, but in certain town centres, there are large numbers out to get pissed and cause trouble. I see no reason why a disproportionate amount of police time and effort should be devoted to supporting their behaviour.

But you do see reason to waste police time on a handful of tossed maggots? :lol:

But you do see reason to waste police time on a handful of tossed maggots? :lol:

I see it as the function of the police to deal with breaches of the law as they occur.

I do not see it as their function to facilitate situations where law-breaking is more likely.

I see it as the function of the police to deal with breaches of the law as they occur.

I do not see it as their function to facilitate situations where law-breaking is more likely.

Lets face it Dave, city/town centre pubs and clubs are not going to be shut down, they bring in too much money and are too popular. Having a police presence on busy evenings helps keep the peace and ensures a quick response time should trouble occur. Drunken behaviour resulting in a breach of the law is dealt with in the appropriate manner.

Calling the police to report a maggot flinging incident is wasting police resources which are already in thin supply. Couple that with the unlikely event of the police attending and then every timeyou pass said fishermen you will be showered in the wriggly blighters.

Lets face it Dave, city/town centre pubs and clubs are not going to be shut down, they bring in too much money and are too popular. Having a police presence on busy evenings helps keep the peace and ensures a quick response time should trouble occur. Drunken behaviour resulting in a breach of the law is dealt with in the appropriate manner.

Calling the police to report a maggot flinging incident is wasting police resources which are already in thin supply. Couple that with the unlikely event of the police attending and then every timeyou pass said fishermen you will be showered in the wriggly blighters.

The problem is that the owners of said establishments make shed loads of money in an enterprise that can only work if the police (paid for out of public money) are present.

Once these clubs start to pay for the real cost of the police presence (and the police use that money to fund extra officers to dealwith other things), I might be satisfied.

The problem is that the owners of said establishments make shed loads of money in an enterprise that can only work if the police (paid for out of public money) are present.

Once these clubs start to pay for the real cost of the police presence (and the police use that money to fund extra officers to dealwith other things), I might be satisfied.

So you would prefer us all to pay more money so that you can call the police to maggot flinging incidents.

Im afraid i dont buy that plan. Im happy with the police service as it stands thanks. You will have to sort the maggot tossers out yourself, or not annoy them in the first place. That might stop them using you as target practice.

I would be happy to show fishermen the same consideration, and treat them in an equivalent way, to how they treat the fish.

So it's OK to knock them in the water as long as I chuck them back on the bank again after, and it's OK to stick a spike through their face as long as I take it out again, while holding them under the water, of course. What a charming hobby.

I would be happy to show fishermen the same consideration, and treat them in an equivalent way, to how they treat the fish.

So it's OK to knock them in the water as long as I chuck them back on the bank again after, and it's OK to stick a spike through their face as long as I take it out again, while holding them under the water, of course. What a charming hobby.

I take it you dont eat fish?

I dont want to get into this one, but surely the police are there to moderate and disrupt any exuberence behavior by their presence and arrest those who are silly enough to carry on, rather than 'supporting' such behaviour as you put it? I dread to think of the consequences of withdrawing such vital front-line policing (which I think most of the country would like to see far more of, though perhaps not in riot gear :lol: ) especially if it were to investigate a canal based maggot misdemenour. :lol:

So you would prefer us all to pay more money so that you can call the police to maggot flinging incidents.

No, I would be happy for those who wish to avail themselves of the services of establishment that need a police presence to pay more money.

I wouldn't be paying more money.

Bit 'full on militant' innit?

No, I would be happy for those who wish to avail themselves of the services of establishment that need a police presence to pay more money.

I wouldn't be paying more money.

Fool indeed, you'll find alot of clubs have to pay a certain amount towards policing as part of there licence terms,

the same as the NHS and Ambulance trusts can claim cost/part cost off the liabel drivers insurance in a RTC