You are all Dossers

whammy

Featured Posts

Listening to Jeremy Vine show today on radio 2. Subject was people living in static caravans and not paying council tax (Henious offence). One lady caller to the show remarked that she lived on a caravan park next to a canal and said people should be more concerned about the DOSSERS that live on the canal who do not pay council tax and just swan around from town to town, a bit harsh me thinks but on looking up the Cambridge distionary definition of a DOSSER might give an option to debate ---DOSSER - ''SOMEONE WHO HAS NO HOME OR MONEY'' or ''A VERY LAZY PERSON''

Now I have very little money, my boat is my home and I have been known to laze about and drink cider - So maybe the caller is right - I wonder how many more Dossers there are ????????? :lol:

Listening to Jeremy Vine show today on radio 2. Subject was people living in static caravans and not paying council tax (Henious offence). One lady caller to the show remarked that she lived on a caravan park next to a canal and said people should be more concerned about the DOSSERS that live on the canal who do not pay council tax and just swan around from town to town, a bit harsh me thinks but on looking up the Cambridge distionary definition of a DOSSER might give an option to debate ---DOSSER - ''SOMEONE WHO HAS NO HOME OR MONEY'' or ''A VERY LAZY PERSON''

Now I have very little money, my boat is my home and I have been known to laze about and drink cider - So maybe the caller is right - I wonder how many more Dossers there are ????????? :lol:

I think I should aspire to being a dosser. At the moment I have a home but despite working hard for a generous salary the fact I have a home is why I never have any money...

flog the house, quit the job and move onto the boat :lol:

I am a dosser and proud!!

Definitely Dosser material!

Switch to white cider and you'll be promoted to "Jakey".

You are right Tomsk, that was a bit harsh, but hey what do I know I'm only another dosser. (I think that secretly all these people wish they had the balls to do it)

Wasn't it just a bit of friendly joshing??

I too proundly take the countries shilling - but I don't work for mine....it's called a Civil Service index-linked pension.

Jez

I have always thought, when I've thought about it at all, that the word "doss!, first used I reckon in the term "doss house", comes from the French 'dos', back, i.e. somewhere that people lie on their back.

Phylis you beat me to it - though I was NOT going to apply the consonantal change to any specific person. I have met people who would certainly merit both spellings!

I have always thought, when I've thought about it at all, that the word "doss!, first used I reckon in the term "doss house", comes from the French 'dos', back, i.e. somewhere that people lie on their back.

Phylis you beat me to it - though I was NOT going to apply the consonantal change to any specific person. I have met people who would certainly merit both spellings!

I wasnt but the way he worded it, well i just couldnt resist :lol: