Yanmar Barrus Shire 45hp

Lady Muck

Featured Posts

We foolishly threw away the old oil filter last time we changed our oil so now we don't have one to take into a chandlers so we can ask for a new one.

As we are currently cruising (and trying to get back to London in the near future) I don't want to go through the rigmarole of pumping out the oil and taking the filter off to take to a chandlers incase they don't have it.

All we have is the box lid for the Yanmar part - last chandlers we went to didn't know which would fit from this. The genuine part is 129150-35151 filter 80X80L D80XL80.

Would any of you happen to know?

i went into white bear marina "bw " and gave them the numbers from info plate on top of engine and they were then able to get it right .

mine is barris shire also .

got spare on boat but cant get there today to check .

Crosland 2071 Fram PH3917

I use these guys on line (very helpful if you need to phone them too)

http://www.inlinefilters.co.uk

a Crosland 2071 equivalent is about £5 from them inc Vat but if you order just one their postage can be a bit expensive so I find it worth ordering a few sets of Oil/fuel/air filters at the same time. Often the postage is the same price ordering 1 or a dozen of them.

The Baldwin filters are good quality too.

In the back of our cruising log is a little table. Down the side it says oil, air diesel. Across the top it says Fram, Crosland and so on. I make a note of all of the numbers for all of the filters when I can so when visiting a strange chandlers I can pick up their favoured brand.

Works for me!

Richard

I use these guys on line (very helpful if you need to phone them too)

http://www.inlinefilters.co.uk

a Crosland 2071 equivalent is about £5 from them inc Vat but if you order just one their postage can be a bit expensive so I find it worth ordering a few sets of Oil/fuel/air filters at the same time. Often the postage is the same price ordering 1 or a dozen of them.

The Baldwin filters are good quality too.

I can echo Churchward's recommendation of Inline Filters. Their Search facility is extremely efficient - the only place I've been able to source Vetus Filter equivalents.

Mac