Crankshaft pulley

NBMike

Featured Posts

Medwaypt.co.uk :lol:

Yes they do the belts but not the pulleys. Thanks anyway

I get all mine from here http://www.fptgroup.com/fenner.asp?title=P...amp;pageid=2655

They're nation wide.

Andrew

Same with them - Loads of belts but not the right pulleys.

You'll find their trade counters are called ERIKS now, though.

Tim

I'll do a search for ERIKS then thanks Tim

Its a long shot but stationaryengineparts.co.uk were advertising such a thing but a quick look didnt currently show anything like it anymore, maybe worth a phone call though ,old stock etc etc :lol:

If you go to Eriks you get Fenner, same place.

PJ, PL, PM are listed in the cataloque but PK only gets a mention on page 84.

I should ring up and ask

Andrew

If you go to Eriks you get Fenner, same place.

PJ, PL, PM are listed in the cataloque but PK only gets a mention on page 84.

I should ring up and ask

Andrew

My point was that you won't find Fenner trade counters in the phone book these days.

The Fenner name seems to be used by a variety of companies these days as different parts of the business have been hived off.

Eriks seem to get a lot of their polyvee stuff from Gates or other makers now, the fact that it's in the catalogue doesn't mean that it's readily available.

Maybe K is a vehicle size, sometimes they're not readily available through transmission houses.

Tim

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier for a 170 or 180mm, 6 groove pulley for PK type belt. Taperlock type or otherwise and hopefully I can machine it to suit.

Mike

Have you considered making one from scratch? they're not hard to do if you don't need the taperlock feature. If you don't fancy it, there must be thousands of places which could do it for you. If you're stuck I could do it, but carriage would bump the cost up a bit.

You should be able to find the specs on the web, if not let me know & I'll scan & email them to you.

Tim

Have you considered making one from scratch? they're not hard to do if you don't need the taperlock feature. If you don't fancy it, there must be thousands of places which could do it for you. If you're stuck I could do it, but carriage would bump the cost up a bit.

You should be able to find the specs on the web, if not let me know & I'll scan & email them to you.

Tim

Hmmm - I wonder if my machining skills are up to it. I've only done 2 terms of evening class. I might have a go though if I can't find one in the breakers at the weekend. I have a small 53mm pulley for the alternator so can take some measurements from that.

Thanks Tim

Yerrss, so am I, in too many places...

...but those new Microsoft TV adverts are the worst.

I think they'll find *I'm* the PC.

:lol:

PC

Ha - that advert was just on in the middle of X Files

I've just been through the same process as yourself. I found a flywheel off an old Petter stationary engine which just needed some trimming to the hole and the V's cutting. I was in luck in that my dad has a lathe and used to be a tool maker, so did the work. But you should be able to get it sorted at your local precision engineers for not too much cash.

I've just been through the same process as yourself. I found a flywheel off an old Petter stationary engine which just needed some trimming to the hole and the V's cutting. I was in luck in that my dad has a lathe and used to be a tool maker, so did the work. But you should be able to get it sorted at your local precision engineers for not too much cash.

Thats exactly what I started with - an old Petter stationary engine. But I need the flywheel at t'other end. :lol: