Google Canalmap

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

Does anyone have a contact in Google? (Thinks: I may well have one.) We clearly need to get a few narrowboats kitted up with the GoogleCams, and add the complete canal and river system to Streetmap. Very useful for trip-planning.

MP.

Does anyone have a contact in Google? (Thinks: I may well have one.) We clearly need to get a few narrowboats kitted up with the GoogleCams, and add the complete canal and river system to Streetmap. Very useful for trip-planning.

MP.

I do have a contact in google.

I will ask

We clearly need to get a few narrowboats kitted up with the GoogleCams,

Though they will have to be dropped for the low bridges! I'll happily carry one, but they'll get 71ft of narrowboat in the shot! :lol:

Mike

Though they will have to be dropped for the low bridges! I'll happily carry one, but they'll get 71ft of narrowboat in the shot! :lol:

Mike

I'll be happy to borrow one, I could quite easily do Aire&Calder.

Edited by Robbo

There's this one also from Water Explorer which runs in Google Earth.

I'm not sure if it's the same as I use, which uses a small file called BrowseWaterways.kml that centres on the NIA and links to <http://www.waterexplorer.co.uk/GEarth/WaterwayBrowser.aspx> and I don't want to try the download from the link I just gave above in case it over-wites anything I've got at the moment. It still works for me OK.

There's this one also from Water Explorer which runs in Google Earth.

I'm not sure if it's the same as I use, which uses a small file called BrowseWaterways.kml that centres on the NIA and links to <http://www.waterexplorer.co.uk/GEarth/WaterwayBrowser.aspx> and I don't want to try the download from the link I just gave above in case it over-wites anything I've got at the moment. It still works for me OK.

Hi

Thanks for that but its the one I have and it dont seem to work

The old one gave all the locks and bridges

Any other ideas

Alex

Hi

Thanks for that but its the one I have and it dont seem to work

The old one gave all the locks and bridges

Any other ideas

Alex

The one I'm using shows all the bridges and locks. If you PM me an address I'll email you the kml file (BrowseWaterways.kml dated 13/05/2008 size 971 bytes)

whne we were doing the Grand Tour (2,000 miles) last year, I tried to map our progress using Google maps. It was all right for a bit. I placed a place mark at our mooring position each night and drew a line between them. The problem was that when there were too any place marks and lines listed on the left hand pane and you overflowed onto another page, the place marks and and lines for the previous page were not visible on the map. That meant that you could not see the whole of our progress on the scaled down map. I found it quite disappointing. This might or might not have a bearing on what you were thinking of.

Nick

Just spotted this thread, just to confirm that the correct web address for the google maps from my Water Explorer site is:

http://www.waterexplorer.co.uk/GEarth/Goog...etworkLink.aspx

I had to change this about 9 months ago, so please ensure you have the correct one !

If you have any problems or questions just PM me.

Edited by stuart