Bones Side Hatch!

Tony Ross

Featured Posts

Probably one for Bones unless anyone else can shed some light!

This months "Canal Boat" landed on my door mat yesterday and i've just read the article Bones did about fitting a side hatch. Great article and this looks like the sort of thing i've been looking for but there are no contact details/web address for the company who made it.

Does anyone know what sort of outlay i can expect for one of these?

As an aside, it seems to me like "Canal Boat's" advertising team missed a trick here by putting in a 3 page editorial without managing to squeeze a small box advert out of the business concerned! I can't imagine i'm the only one who's going to poke his head over the parapet and say "I think i'll be having one of those!"

regards,

Tony

Probably one for Bones unless anyone else can shed some light!

This months "Canal Boat" landed on my door mat yesterday and i've just read the article Bones did about fitting a side hatch. Great article and this looks like the sort of thing i've been looking for but there are no contact details/web address for the company who made it.

Does anyone know what sort of outlay i can expect for one of these?

As an aside, it seems to me like "Canal Boat's" advertising team missed a trick here by putting in a 3 page editorial without managing to squeeze a small box advert out of the business concerned! I can't imagine i'm the only one who's going to poke his head over the parapet and say "I think i'll be having one of those!"

regards,

Tony

Tony,

we have one on Baldock, super bit of kit will pm you Martin Kedians number

Chris

OOOPS! It has been noted, and will be corrected next month I gather! They are also made out of offcuts, not scrap!

The lovely chap is Kedian Enginnering LTD & Martin Kedian is the guys name! It is absolutely fantastic.

He can be contacted on 01604 511512

I am really happy with my hatch... perhaps I should put them all over the boat!

Edited by Bones

OOOPS! It has been noted, and will be corrected next month I gather! They are also made out of offcuts, not scrap!

The lovely chap is Kedian Enginnering LTD Martin Kedian is the guys name! It is absolutely fantastic.

Nice article all the same. I'm impressed, it takes some nerve/blind faith/stupidity? to cut a big hole in the side of your boat! It was good that it was you who did it rather than the "professionals" a much better demonstration of how a boat owner could tackle it.

The guy next to us in the marina has fitted one as well but replaced a window rather than created a new hole. It's good bit of kit.

I'm sure there's an apostophe askew somewhere... MOLEY!

... and an errant homophone but you're not drawing me into this.

On the subject of Bones' side hatch, our magazine hasn't arrived yet but I've seen the hatch close up and was quite impressed.

Nice article all the same. I'm impressed, it takes some nerve/blind faith/stupidity? to cut a big hole in the side of your boat! It was good that it was you who did it rather than the "professionals" a much better demonstration of how a boat owner could tackle it.

The guy next to us in the marina has fitted one as well but replaced a window rather than created a new hole. It's good bit of kit.

I think the main deciding factor was - "Bones - would you like a side hatch? - free". The hardest part was deciding where to put it.

I saw it being fitted and it is well within the capabilities of a reasonably competent DIY'er (Bones? :lol: ). The hatch is well made and robust. A good product.

just as a matter of interest whats the story behind your name 'Bones'?

My nickname is Bones as my sir name is Jones.

An un-healthy obsession ? :lol:

Edited by Proper Job

just as a matter of interest whats the story behind your name 'Bones'?

My nickname is Bones as my sir name is Jones.

Family name

Any chance of some pictures? None of the shops around here sell any watery mags :lol:

I will stick some on my blog over the next few days. It is a marvellous peice of kit!

you were merely present during the creative spree. The contents of the prose were top secret so you haven't read it. You were there for the installation though - giggling on the back row with Maffi and Mr Paris.

I think the main deciding factor was - "Bones - would you like a side hatch? - free". The hardest part was deciding where to put it.

I saw it being fitted and it is well within the capabilities of a reasonably competent DIY'er (Bones? :lol: ). The hatch is well made and robust. A good product.

An un-healthy obsession ? :lol:

Osteo Archaeologist perhaps?

I have been suprised at the responce to this feature great article by Bones I am realy delighted at her help in promoting this side hatch I am now taking bookings for them as I feel that I shall be very busy My email address is KEDIAN@kedian2002dotfsnetdotcodotuk tell 01604511512 regards Martin

Edited by Martin Kedian

I have been suprised at the responce to this feature great article by Bones I am realy delighted at her help in promoting this side hatch I am now taking bookings for them as I feel that I shall be very busy My email address is KEDIAN@kedian2002.fsnet.co.uk tell 01604511512 regards Martin

Hi Martin, welcome to the forum.

I hope you do well with your hatches, the magazine article shows that they are well thought out.

Can I suggest you edit the email address you have put in your posting? Try replacing all of the dots with dot (!??!) so kedian2002dotfsnetdotcodotuk. Otherwise there is a danger you will be spammed to death!

Richard

Edited by RLWP

I have been suprised at the responce to this feature great article by Bones I am realy delighted at her help in promoting this side hatch I am now taking bookings for them as I feel that I shall be very busy My email address is KEDIAN@kedian2002.fsnet.co.uk tell 01604511512 regards Martin

Welcome Martin

Chris