leisure boating on the canal network: online survey

bibliotechno

Featured Posts

I'm posting this link on behalf of a friends brother doing research for his masters degree at Bristol. I'm sure he'd appreciate the input of anyone willing to complete his online survey....any questions; please respond to Thomas - his email is posted at the end of the survey.

Note: Apart from posting this thread I have had no input with the compilation of this survey and am unable to respond to questions relating to it's content. :lol:

Thank you

doh! forgot the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=31qk...bXv5x3JOw_3d_3d

Edited by bibliotechno

I just have to respond to the survey; anything boaty that involves Bristol University and Sloe Gin is unmissable!

Yes I have responded - but the results may be confused if I say we have only had one canal holiday in the last five years - that was when we went to Italy - otherwise we have spent all our time on the canal!

Hello everyone, I am the person undertaking this survey for my dissertation! Thank you to bibliotechno for posting this and of course to all of you for completing the survey, it is very mush appreciated.

I realise on or two of the questions may not take into account that a large number of you are constant cruisers, or live aboard. I have tried to tweak it, if you are unsure, leave a question blank.

Some have also asked about seeing the results: the 12,000-15,000 word study will be complete early April. After this I will post a summary of my findings on this forum for anyone who is interested.

Your responses form an essential part of my research along with the interviews I am undertaking with BW, IWA, Cotswold Canals Trust, Black Prince and English Heritage.

Thank you once again, I will check this forum and see if there are any questions/comments.

Tom Bateson :lol:

What did you put down for dislikes? Mine were: Increasing Expense, Fishermen and people in a rush.

Wrinkley

Emptying the loo ... :lol:

Hello everyone, I am the person undertaking this survey for my dissertation! Thank you to bibliotechno for posting this and of course to all of you for completing the survey, it is very mush appreciated.

I realise on or two of the questions may not take into account that a large number of you are constant cruisers, or live aboard. I have tried to tweak it, if you are unsure, leave a question blank.

Some have also asked about seeing the results: the 12,000-15,000 word study will be complete early April. After this I will post a summary of my findings on this forum for anyone who is interested.

Your responses form an essential part of my research along with the interviews I am undertaking with BW, IWA, Cotswold Canals Trust, Black Prince and English Heritage.

Thank you once again, I will check this forum and see if there are any questions/comments.

Tom Bateson :lol:

Good Luck with it Tom.

I'm sure you'll get some feedback from here when the results are published! :lol:

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well folks, with thanks for your help, my dissertation is now complete and handed in. I got well over 100 responses to my survey, mostly through this site!

One or two people asked to see the results; I am willing to share the info but there is too much to post on here. What I propose is that if anyone wants to see the results and conclusions to my study "the future for Britain's inland waterways; the increase in the number of boats and boat users", email me and I will send you the attachment of the results etc (about a 17 page word document). You are more than welcome to look at this, just email me on// bateson.thomas@gmail.com

Thanks again,

Tom Bateson