head or heart?

Ally

Featured Posts

Oops, pardon me.

Just a thought.

Do you fancy a fit out project?

I know of a Mel Davis shell going reasonably priced.

:lol: Bloody great shells these, give em a ring, Oh and Amate has had 2 eastwood shells built in Yorkshire and very solid......

I have........... managed to procure a very lovely 62' tug

Woohoo, :lol:

and again we want pictures :lol:

moving a boat with no connected engine......mostly on rivers......best done breasted up or towed butty style?? Any advice?

It's much easier breasted up as you can treat them as one boat,

but there could be times when you need to tow the unpowered boat due to width of bridges, locks, etc

PS. mrsmelly didn't read the last page did he :lol:

Edit: for gender correction!

Edited by Scotty

Woohoo, :lol:

and again we want pictures :lol:

Promise pics will come!! Only got one so far that really does no justice, but will take more as soon as I get the chance!! Some 'before' and 'afters' as well.......though they will be a little time in the coming!

HAD to celebrate a little tonight.....before my beer money turns into timber/plumbing/electrics/pumps/prop shafts.............. :lol:

'la la la, tuggy porty boat......' :lol:

Special update!!! I have, with much help from a certain forum member, to whom I now owe LOADS of beer!!!, managed to procure a very lovely 62' tug.......boat of my dreams......all ports, and, when I've fitted her, mid engine, and all the trimmings!!!! I'm in love!!! :lol:

Now brace yourselves in the near future, for build updates and questions!!!! Gonna be a busy year!!!

Thank you to all the others who have also offered help and or boats.........what a great place this forum is....hope I can return the favours sometime!!!

Hang on though, first question.........

moving a boat with no connected engine......mostly on rivers......best done breasted up or towed butty style?? Any advice?

("tuggy porty boaty!! tuggy porty boaty!! la la la, tuggy porty boaty!") :lol::lol::lol:

Pt Pt Pt Pt

Who thinks it should be called "Fluff the Magic Dragon"???

Pt Pt Pt

Bon

Edited by Bon

Pt Pt Pt Pt

Who thinks it should be called "Fluff the Magic Dragon"???

Pt Pt Pt

Bon

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :lol:

Can't call tuggy boat a fluffy name!!!!!!! At the most....Magic Dragon!!! Will have to be something to do with Dragons, so I can use your eyes!!!! :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :lol:

Can't call tuggy boat a fluffy name!!!!!!! At the most....Magic Dragon!!! Will have to be something to do with Dragons, so I can use your eyes!!!! :lol:

Now eye of Bon doesn't work in spells you know, im not a frog!!!!

Ally, this is great news; did you go for the Mel Davis boat in the end?

Still grinning like a cheshire cat!! :lol:

Just to clarify, yes, I managed the Mel Davies boat, beauty of a 62' tug, all ports (of course) 4 side hatches, mid-engine (eventually) which I need to fit out!! But hey, it'll be home even if camping in it! On a very tight budget, so will take a while, but she's mine!!! :lol::lol: