Apollo Duck

Paul H

Featured Posts

We had a discussion on this the other day. Previous Discussion

Never quite got to the bottom of it though...

I'm sorry I missed this earlier discussion hidden as it was in the New to Boating section.

Like the OP on that thread I too use IE and Orange as my ISP and afaik Apollo Duck is the only site it won't let me in to. Still I've already got a boat so why am I wasting time looking at a site with pictures of others that might be available? I've also got a wife so you might say that cuts down a lot of other websites I shouldn't be looking at!

Interested though if any one else on Orange broadband CAN access Apollo Duck

Paul H

Yes on Orange broadband.

No problem but use Firefox.

I wonder if IE is seeing a 'norty word' in apllo duck, I cannot though.

Works ok for me too, also using Firefox, it's actually just reminded me to put my £2 lottery win back into play for tomorrow... :lol:

You'd have to be quackers not to look there for a narrowboat... :lol:

If you have problems accessing a certain website then I can recommend OpenDNS.

It requires you to change a few settings on your PC but it should only take a minute or two (instructions on the website).

DNS is basically like a phone book... points names (website addresses) to numbers (ip addresses). Sometimes, the ones which your ISP manages can be slow to respond and slow to update with the way the internet changes.

Open DNS is free and is pretty much nearly live.

Edited by Liam

Is anyone else having trouble accessing this site - has the sheer number of narrow boats up for sale at the moment caused it to crash?

Appalling Duck

Paul H

Sure, I can access it. But you'll find that at least 50% of your well-thought-out and precise queries will go unanswered. Some real time wasters!

Jim

Sure, I can access it. But you'll find that at least 50% of your well-thought-out and precise queries will go unanswered. Some real time wasters!

Jim

Well with between 800 and 900 narrowboats on there, (admittedly some marked as "sold"), you can only guess that they can't all be serious advertisements.

It must surely be a buyer's market though - I can't believe how low some of the prices now seem.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing this site - has the sheer number of narrow boats up for sale at the moment caused it to crash?

Appalling Duck

Paul H

Works fine for me. However, I tend to use an RSS feed from the site and click only on the specific ads of interest (using Google Reader).