mobile internet

Purple Fairie

Featured Posts

But has anyone here got anywhere near the limit? I use my dongle up to 12 hours a day, granted I'm not watching videos of people tripping up on youtube all day, but I do email alot of graphic work off and I've never managed to get anywhere near the 3gb limit.

AFAIK (when I last viewed the terms),Vodafone don't fine you or charge you extra for going over, but they may have a quiet word if you keep taking the p*ss.

Me unfortunately! Regularly as well. Well running a pub meant catching up at BBCi or similar. Downloading Masterchef or somesuch really eats up your bandwidth.

Of course I should have read the T&C's but who does? It is a bit like the old "all you can eat buffet" trick where you issue 8" plates to slow people down.

Anyway I'm cancelling my DD after advising them that I was missold the package.

cheers

Phil

One further thing about unlimited. In my case they say *unlimited but subject to a "fair use" policy*, and I thought this meant don't go over 3gb per month. But I have done, at least twice - I expected a warning email but absolutely nothing happened. Downloading complete TV shows is what causes me to exceed the limit, and I am about to try that again!!!

One further thing about unlimited. In my case they say *unlimited but subject to a "fair use" policy*, and I thought this meant don't go over 3gb per month. But I have done, at least twice - I expected a warning email but absolutely nothing happened. Downloading complete TV shows is what causes me to exceed the limit, and I am about to try that again!!!

Careful, it might be reflected in your bill!

Keeping Up - Your site loaded up fine, and quickly.

Page loaded in about 3 seconds through my '3' USB Modem with a 1-bar signal.

Thanks both - at least I can be fairly confident that it's not a major problem with the website.

Strangely enough, since the person who had the problem has accessed the site by typing http at the start of the address, he now gets in OK without doing so. I guess it was some setting within his computer/software which has now changed and recognises the site as being OK.

I didn't want a contract as i'm still an 'occasional boater', so I use a pay as you go sim card in an unlocked datacard

I normally use 'three' as have the best coverage for me and for £15 I get 30days allowance with a 3Gb limit.

Lots of areas have three's HSPDA coverage and in those areas the connection is at broadband speeds

Thanks to Scotty for this very good recommendation.

I couldn't justify a year's contract at say £15 per month, (so £180 per year), when we are only occasional boaters for long trips.

Just bought a modem from '3' for £50, and can then buy either 3Gb (£15) or even 7Gb (£25), but only for the month, (30 days actually), where I'm doing serious boating.

Not being live-aboards, we will be quids in with Pay As You Go, rather than contract.

One person I met last month reports to me that he can't access my website on his T-mobile kit, and neither can his mate who is also n T-mobile. I'm not aware of any problems with the website (everyone else seems to be able to access it OK) so I'm rather puzzled.

It's been suggested that the hyphen in the URL is unacceptable to T-mobile. If true, that would be ironic given that their own site has a hyphen in its URL !

I'd be most grateful for a report from another T-mobile user or two, to tell me if they can access my site (and no this isn't any form of plug, nor do I get any benefit from extra hits on the site!). There's a link in my signature. Thanks

Just thought you may like to know that I can certainly get your site up on my web-n-walk (T-mobile) phone - without any problem at all ./ . . . .

I would love to tell you about a 5gb deal for a very very low price (with cash back too) but the mods wont let me help you save money.

Justme

Is this the £7.50 for 5gb on 3, with free dongle, on an 18 month contract, that Martin Lewis's excellent MoneySavingExpert website is telling everyone about?

Is this the £7.50 for 5gb on 3, with free dongle, on an 18 month contract, that Martin Lewis's excellent MoneySavingExpert website is telling everyone about?

I would like to comment but my reply was removed so I wont bother again trying to save users money (even get some back).

Nice friendly site you have here?

Justme

It is on Moneysavingexpert and anyone who is interested is welcome to visit said site and see for themselves (try a quick Google).

But then THEY wont get the CASH back deal. Thats only avaliable via a referral which due to the short nature left on the offer is not possible via normal means. I have been on the phone to them & got them to agree to do retrospective cash back IF the deal is done through ME. I have been open & honest saying thet both the new user & ME will get £15 EACH. I do not take any money from them as you accused me of.

(or are you trying to keep that bit to your self?)

Justme

Edited by Justme

Ordered one thankyou, hadnt read my mail from Martin's site.

Just checked my download speeds using

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

My laptop with 3 mobile dongle and no "bars" (reception here at home is hopeless or I'd get rid of my landline broadband) recorded 706 Kbps while my desktop with BT broadband recorded 6253 Kbps.

At Market Harborough the other week my laptop recorded into the 3000's which I thought was great for a mobile broadband result. If I could get that at home I'd be quids in getting rid of the landline broadband and using the 3 mobile dongle all the time - I've never got anywhere near half of my 5 gig allowance.

Stickleback