Lotto Players

Troll

Featured Posts

Hi,

Talking to a lotto rep` at our store recently, I found out if you win, they wont pay you unless you come up with the following proof of who you are

Experian registered

Electoral role

Council tax bills/receipts

Utillity bills to prove you live in your house

Driving licence and bank account at address are not good enough.

So be warned if you live afloat and purchase tickets in the hope you will become a millionare, if you cant produce these items forget it, they will announce your ticket as void and refund your £1

Hi,

Talking to a lotto rep` at our store recently, I found out if you win, they wont pay you unless you come up with the following proof of who you are

Experian registered

Electoral role

So be warned if you live afloat and purchase tickets in the hope you will become a millionare, if you cant produce these items forget it, they will announce your ticket as void and refund your £1

were u been long time no posts

If your numbers do come up, but you can not show the necessary documents then all is not lost.

Forget Camelot giving you your £1 back, I will give you £2 for the ticket. Can't get fairer than that now, can we!

Hi,

Experian registered

Electoral role

I find this highly unlikely. Now maybe you did talk to a lotto rep, maybe that is what they told you, but in view of your name I have my doubts. A quick call to the local paper would soon get things moving.

Hi,

Experian registered

Electoral role

How did that convicted criminal win then - a few years back? He entered whilst in prison and scooped loadsamoney. He would not have been on the electoral roll (excluded by law), would not have had a council tax bill, or a utility bill.

I would tek zeez, as you Inglish say, with ze salt of a pinch.

I play on line by direct debit for 3 tickets in every draw never any need to check tickets as they send email to notify of win and automaticly pay money into my bank account mind you never won millions but have won over thousand and no problems. and the only one on your list that I qualify for is the driving licence and bank account.

Someone is feeding someone rice :lol:

I too play on line occasionally (every time I think how much I would like to be able to commission a new build narrow boat to my spec). What little winnings I ever receive get paid straight into my account.

I too play on line occasionally (every time I think how much I would like to be able to commission a new build narrow boat to my spec). What little winnings I ever receive get paid straight into my account.

My OH describes the Lottery as a tax on the stupid :lol:

I don't think the big winners would see it the same way. :lol:

With odds of 13,983,316 against you, the likelihood of winning the jackpot is infinitesimally small. Anyone would be a lot more likely to win a handsome sum of money (OK, not £2 million + but certainly several hundred thousand or more) by sticking £1 on a 6 race accumulator on the horses every Weds and Sat. Even if you choose them by sticking a pin in the paper. In fact I would make a nice sum of money if I chose to bet with every lottery entrant on this forum £1000 that they will not win the jackpot in the next 10 years.

Payment in advance to Banque de Senegal, Sort Code 98 24 39, A/c No 87465-01845 please.

Hi again, so many questions,

Where have I been? Right here reading, everytime I show my face, I get jumped on.

Whats my name gotta do with it? Been through this months back.

I`m trying to be helpfull here, this could affect boaters,

I emailed Camelot to find out the facts for my own benefit and since you think its a wind up posted the reply.

I asked them how do people on holiday in the Uk or Brits living abroad or afloat claim winnings, and if they cant would they refund ticket money paid in advance.

I think this could affect boaters with no fixed abode, But I`m not Mr Lotto, this is part of their reply to me.

Under the terms of our licence, we are unable to promote The National Lottery or sell tickets outside the UK. Many countries provide their own lotteries and make it an offence for people there to play #foreign# lotteries or for #foreign# lotteries to advertise there. Therefore, it is our current company policy to restrict the sale of tickets to within the UK only.

"In the case of a large win we would ask the player to produce the utility bills to prove they are registered at the address.

Heres more from the email

Thank you for contacting the Interactive Customer Care Team.

Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to cancel tickets once they have been successfully purchased.

The terms and condition to which you agree when signing up for an Interactive Account clearly state under section 5D(3B) that:

#(3) Where instructed by the (National Lottery) Commission, the Company (Camelot) shall, or in its discretion acting reasonably, the Company may declare that a Play or a Claimed Play is defective. In such circumstances, all relevant Plays and all relevant Prizes won shall be void and the Company shall either:

(a ) Give the affected Player an opportunity to play another Play of equivalent price; or

(B ) Refund to the affected Player the sums paid by that Player in purchasing the defective Play or Claimed Play.

The Company may decide which of (a) or (B ) above shall apply.

Players do not have the right to cancel a Play and no refunds will be given in any circumstances.#

If you wish to close your account all you need to do is sign in and click on:

1) My Account

2) Then click on #Close Account# in the My Details area

You will then be asked for a reason and then to close the account.

If you have still funds in your account, they will be automatically transferred back to your Debit Card.

You will not be able to close your Account until the last ticket purchased has expired.

Mind you, I do know others on here know better :lol:

Edited by Troll

So you don't need:

"Experian registered Electoral roll Council tax bills/receipts"

Just a utility bill which, whenever requested (sadly never for a lottery win), I've always produced BW correspondence, which has always been acceptable.

Under the terms of our licence, we are unable to promote The National Lottery or sell tickets outside the UK.

"In the case of a large win we would ask the player to produce the utility bills to prove they are registered at the address.

No offence meant Troll, but if you do use a moniker that has the meaning of "wind up merchant" in layman's terms in the internet world you can hardly be surprised if people are a little dubious as to the veracity of your topic.

However, I accept you are posting a genuine concern. The two extracts from Camelot's response above: I presume everyone on this forum who buys a UK Lotto ticket is purchasing them within the UK. All tickets are traceable to their point of sale in any case. Secondly, it is against EU law to refuse the same rights to an EU citizen. If a German tourist buys a winning ticket whilst visiting the UK, they must pay out. Similarly an Irish citizen crossing into the North and buying one is equally eligible.

If Camelot are claiming that you need to provide a utility bill, then perhaps you might like to email them back and ask how it was they paid out several million quid on a winning ticket held by a convicted rapist serving a lengthy prison sentence a few years ago. He could not possibly have had a utility bill, or have been on the electoral roll. This has had some prominence in the news recently as his victim has unsuccessfully sought to sue him for compensation now that he is loaded.

Dominic

Edited by Dominic M

So you don't need:

"Experian registered Electoral roll Council tax bills/receipts"

Just a utility bill which, whenever requested (sadly never for a lottery win), I've always produced BW correspondence, which has always been acceptable.

You are wrong

According to the telephone conversation I have had with them, trying to get my money back, Since I live afloat and cant provide these things. First thing they did was check with Experian and inform me that I am not listed their.

Note also that they say they dont refund under any circumstances, except that is, if you win and the tickets void. They may give you a free game or money back.

and yes I told them I would go to Sky news with possible future headlines and produce my numbers to them well before the games were played , so they can identify me, do you think it made a jot of difference?

Edited by Troll

You are wrong

Calm down!

I was referring to your post about the email. You didn't mention anything other than the utility bill. I'm hardly wrong if you don't offer all the information.

But, surely if they won't pay out, because you can't prove who you are, then that ticket is void, therefore, worthy of a refund?

I wonder, also, if this isn't misuse of the Experian credit check system.

Calm down!

I was referring to your post about the email. You didn't mention anything other than the utility bill. I'm hardly wrong if you don't offer all the information.But, surely if they won't pay out, because you can't prove who you are, then that ticket is void, therefore, worthy of a refund?

I wonder, also, if this isn't misuse of the Experian credit check system.

Hi Carlt i`m not worked up just trying to get across what they told me so others can make their own mind up whether to waste their money or not.

Hi,

Experian registered

Electoral role

Edited by Troll

Experian registered

You do not register with Experian - they're a credit reference agency. The majority of people have a record on there because they've at some time been on the electoral roll, opened a bank account, applied for a credit card.

Every check on your record shows as a trace, which can count against you if you apply for credit, so I would be amazed if the Lotto people did an Experian check on you on the basis of a telephone enquiry. Every Experian check made by a company has to be logged, a reason for the check logged - and that log is available for audit.

Edited by DaveandDebby

This just does not make sense.

OK, I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life so tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, but...

You don't have to show any proof of identity or address when buying a ticket, so the ticket is not linked to any particular individual or their address. Therefore you cannot need to prove who you are in order to collect the winnings, because who you are has nothing to do with it.

However, if very large sums of money are being paid out (ie not a tenner in cash across the newsagent's counter) then they would want to be sure that it was actually going to the person who holds the winning ticket (not necessarily the person who bought it; it might have been a present) and not their opportunistic neighbour/offspring/ex-spouse.

The link they need to establish though is between the holder of the winning ticket and the address to which they send the money, nothing to do with the purchaser of the ticket. Perhaps the answer is to offer to collect in person?

Edited by WarriorWoman

[

Experian registered

You do not register with Experian - they're a credit reference agency. The majority of people have a record on there because they've at some time been on the electoral roll, opened a bank account, applied for a credit card.

Every check on your record shows as a trace, which can count against you if you apply for credit, so I would be amazed if the Lotto people did an Experian check on you on the basis of a telephone enquiry.

This credit rating pisses me off, I personally don't borrow money have no credit cards, I even pay stuff like car insurances in one go to avoid credit. However through my business I had to get a report from Experion with regard to an overdraft for the business. Experions report to the bank was unfavourable, when the report arrived it contained no debt issues what so ever, everything in the past that i pruchased on credit was all paid off. Frotunately the bank accepted it, but had to see it, and i'm the only one who can actually get the report.

OH and I had to bloody pay for it, this is just another way of fleecing people IMO

Sorry bit off topic, maybe lotto have a deal with Experion so any winners can be pounced upon by any creditors owed money. Nothing would surprise me these days, the way this government treats our liberties.

Edited by Julynian