100 years from now........

dor

Featured Posts

200 years ago, in the 1908 thread Steelaway wrote:

Anyone know if he's had any luck yet?

Thanks for your concerns.

I now have a mooring in the Regents Park Lake Marina.

Come and visit -there is loads of room! :D

Alex

No, not if you are up north as there's no water to float your boat .... however, down south and east there's too much water and everyone's on a boat so who care's whether it's European or even Chinese.or shock horror for rarity value, English.

You haven't got one of them Polish build from around 2007/08 years ago have you? How's the steel holding up? You lost much plate thickness? I heard the Chinese ones of a similar period have suffered a bit.

D :)

I've managed to get sponsored by Heinz and as they still make the same tins a replate every 2 months is no problem!

Bacofoil have a similar deal with the Chinese junk (sic) company. :D

This one on gbay :-futbt.jpg

Hey that's a genuine Japanese Bullet Boat. Top speed is close to 6mph and the side baffles actually rebuild the banks and wash the dog sh*t off the path at the same time.

They're made of balsa and egg cartons and have one the latest Durex latex shaft stiffeners.

There was a factory recall in 2078 when BW rejected the safety pins that held the gas locker lid down so I'm surprised to see one. Especially on gbay. :D

Edited by Greybeard

Hey that's a genuine Japanese Bullet Boat. Top speed is close to 6mph and the side baffles actually rebuild the banks and wash the dog sh*t off the path at the same time.

They're made of balsa and egg cartons and have one the latest Durex latex shaft stiffeners.

There was a factory recall in 2078 when BW rejected the safety pins that held the gas locker lid down so I'm surprised to see one. Especially on gbay. :D

Yeah. And it had a Bow Thruster! Everyone knows you don't need 'em! Just because they are controlled by GPS doesn't mean you have to loose all the proper boat handling skills!

I know you don't really need them since European Waterways' Health and Safety department put the towpath lights in, but I've just found some vintage LED cabin lights. Can anyone remember how these work? Should I set fire to them, and if so, how long will they burn for?

Hi I used to work in the Conformation Department and in all my tme i've never come across an environmentalist who can read, let allone a tax paying one ion the canal with a computer! Cum on it's :D

But this did make me think, I,ve a couple of exceptionally large cabbages on my allotment this year, does anyone know of a tax payer or N.B. owner reliable enough to come and clean my sceptic tank, I thought for 2 cabbages they'd take it away, and just to jet you know the canal people make the efluent into flower pots and sell them to each other! So one of them will snap my arm off for the job, but scince retiring, and moveing pod space, I have no contact with the tax paying classes, so use the auto "flush 50", Me and my neighghbours just thougt it would be a laugh to watch how a "taxpayer would do it!"

This one on gbay :-futbt.jpg

Ahh, I see Fernwood are still building boats then.

Since England left the EU in 2057 the complicated visa process now required to do the the Llangollen is deeply stressful. The Welsh Free State and The Ecosse Republic who elected to retain EU membership have to police their borders to prevent unwanted Anglo Saxon immigration and black marketeering, and one can wait for days at immigration control.

Fortunately we had several cases of Yorkshire Cabernet Merlot on board to ease the pain of waiting.

......my sceptic tank.

What's in this sceptic tank, apart from Richard Dawkins?

Remember those days our grandparents used to tell us about, Internal combustion engines? ha a ha ha

Thank goodness we prevented global warming by inventing the horse

Its about time something was done about the emissions problem though.

Jim

Victor Swift 3rd has an article on martiannarrowboatworld.co.ms having a pop at licence evaders and crater hoppers.

on the plus side they've managed to lobby the martian government to apply mind wipe punishment for the 1st offence, and vaporisation for the 2nd.

In other news .... The newly appointed Labvative government have announced that the shrine to Gordon Brown is to be moved from its current position in Trafalgar square to the site of the former Stone Henge. They assure all British consumers that the work will be complete in time for the compulsary annual pilgrimage.

School children will remember from their history books that Saint Gordon single handedly reformed british politics to finally remove the vote from anyone who wasn't a CEO of a major multinational corporation. and allowed the current era of sustained development.

In Entertainment BBC TV PLC announce that Dirty Den will be returning to Eastenders. All British Consumers will remember Dirty Den was last killed off during the London reactor explosion episode in 2089. Den will return in May 2008, and consumers are reminded anyone not viewing is a terrorist, and will be executed.

Mc Soylent Green is NOT people.

Tomorrow's weather will be hot and sunny especially on the Peterborough coast, where Fuzzyduck marinas have announced their 17th residential marina at the island of Ely.

Just received the latest the latest issue of Guns & Sandwiches ("pack a gun, pack a sandwich"), incorporating Waterways World delivered by sensory perception transfer and there is a whole supplement devoted to the historic Canal Time hire fleet years. Some of the pictures are fascinating. It's hard to believe people wore clothes like that.

I called the Bw Customer Care Centre in Delhi this morning to check on the progress of my application for a Bw Loan of 50 million Euros to pay next years boat licence but a recorded message told me there were no managers available to deal with it as they were away the Cayman Islands on a Health & Safety Course learning how to deal with the stress caused by having to pay Super Tax.

Does anyone else have problems renewing their licence ?

Just received the latest the latest issue of Guns & Sandwiches ("pack a gun, pack a sandwich"), incorporating Waterways World delivered by sensory perception transfer and there is a whole supplement devoted to the historic Canal Time hire fleet years. Some of the pictures are fascinating. It's hard to believe people wore clothes like that.

It's hard to believe they remained afloat...

:D

It’s good to see all the waterways restoration projects finished, infrastructure repair work done and regular towpath inspections done by the lengths men

This has only been possible since Eugene Baston Junior has been in charge of our waterways

It's good to see all the waterways restoration projects finished, infrastructure repair work done and regular towpath inspections done by the lengths men

Up until now this has been a most sensible thread but now it is ruined with such a silly post.

:D