100 years from now........

dor

Featured Posts

darlings darlings... titter, did you know that 100 years ago, people used to think men had a function, and were useful.

Giggle..... ha ha ha ha ha.

Not ONLY that, but they used to think women were useless - ha ha ha ha

Bless them.

darlings darlings... titter, did you know that 100 years ago, people used to think men had a function, and were useful.

What year was it when we where replaced by the vibrating turkey bayster :) ---- Clicky

How many of you women actually clicked????? :D

Alex

Giggle..... ha ha ha ha ha.

Not ONLY that, but they used to think women were useless - ha ha ha ha

Bless them.

And they had the vote too. How times change. :huh:

European Waterways announces "veg pledge" success.

Wasserstraßen-Chef Karl von Munchausen, speaking from the central office in Berlin in the former republic of Germany said " I know that some people have criticised the project because of it's hundred-year timespan, and I recognise it has taken a bit longer than our predecessors, British Waterways, anticipated. However, I would point out that it was quicker than commissioning Terminal Five at Heathrow, where some customer's bags are still awaiting collection."

Whats a canal dad? By heck son you can still just about make out the lines the canal used to take if you look closely. I remember my father telling me that boats used to cruise up and down here. He said there was a network of canals all over the country and folk even used to hire boats for a holiday on the canals.

Sadly British Waterways who used to manage them at the time got too greedy. They upped and upped their prices as did marinas and chandelries and eventually made it that expensive that boaters started to leave the canals in droves. See those derilict buildings over there? Those were very expensive flat conversions that were very popular at the time.

Everybody wanted to live in one with a view of the canals then, but as they returned to stinking ditches with the loss of boats you couldnt give them away and they fell into disrepair and became a haven for the street gangs.

I'll take you to the museum next week son and show you pictures in books of what life on the canals was like. They were great days and your grandad told me of all the places he saw and adventures he had.

Come on son better be getting back home or we'll miss the start of coranation street.

• 4 weeks later...