Where have all the GoBoats gone?

Featured Posts

I reckon the main reason that GoBoats in Brum didn't last was probably down to the eye watering prices. Fine for London because of the amount of tourists and the wealth in the area, but way too much for any other city.

On 02/04/2024 at 07:09, blackrose said:

What's a GoBoat?

Here they are moored up in Paddington basin. Looks like Blackrose in the distance 😂 

I hope folk know it’s easy to access the basin from Paddington rail station, there’s the Hammersmith and City line just next to it. I like to walk up the basin and get the tube from Edgware Road instead. 

IMG_1473.thumb.jpeg.b376fe10ba61c5af645a14854f4771fc.jpeg

Sea sickness tablets may be required 

IMG_2400.thumb.jpeg.a34ae36e5c73dc69e32fe79ef2a0b361.jpeg

And mind other obstacles more randomly navigating than a go boat. 

IMG_3563.thumb.jpeg.8f66d74642a4c192814b7cf31f22c4df.jpeg

Edited by Stroudwater1

L:ast summer we had a couple of nights moored in Paddington and the hire boats seemed to be quite busy. It was nice to see folk enjoying themselves and seeing some value in the preservation of navigable water. Generally no behavioural issues but on a good summer evening the whole area is busy. I could see no reason why the boats should not be there.

• Happy 2