Ladder

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, peterbradshaw4@gmail.com said:

Being 73 years old, I would like an unobtrusive ladder I could use in the cockpit of my trad to get on roof,to make it easier to do locks,any ideas 💡 

A bunkbed ladder which can hook-on to a couple of brackets on the top (stops it slipping)

Or, the standard folding steps (which I find difficult to use)

Stainless Steel Small Folding Boat Step 85mm |GS Products

This 'having to be approved by a Moderator' is getting a pain !

Edited by Alan de Enfield

2 hours ago, peterbradshaw4@gmail.com said:

Being 73 years old, I would like an unobtrusive ladder I could use in the cockpit of my trad to get on roof,to make it easier to do locks,any ideas 💡 

I don't go on to the roof, I'm a bit unstable.  I slither along the gunwales if necessary.

I think i'd need a handle on the roof if I used steps of any kind.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I have posted a reply but it is hidden and awaiting moderator approval because it has a link to a supplier - stand by .......................

This new process puts one off helping

Waiting.jpg

Noticeable that despite the very long wait, the jaw is still working Alan.

• Haha 1

I fitted a ladder to the bow of my boat as I always found it difficult getting up and down there, but perhaps you could do the same at the stern. 

It's just an old aluminium ladder that I cut down with an angle grinder, bolted to the bench at the bottom and a couple of small bolts going into threaded holes holding it onto the bulkhead at the top. I find it very useful.

IMG_20210824_214523.jpg

IMG_20210609_205821.jpg

Edited by blackrose

12 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Is it possible the delay is because the posters forum name is an email address, I recall some issue with email addresses needing approval.

To the OP I suggest you change it anyway, otherwise you will be spammed to hell and back

He might be using someone else's email address for his username. Someone he doesn't like, perhaps!! 

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2023 at 17:36, Alan de Enfield said:

Or, the standard folding steps (which I find difficult to use)

In my experience they're also a minor liability for banging yourself on, but not so much that I've removed the ones free-with-boat.

I'm currently still blessed with legs that don't need a ladder, but coming back down is more of an issue:

Lowering down... I know there's a gunnel to stand on but we're not there yet... this could go wrong!... then landed.