Which lock?

magpie patrick

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

All over what became England, recently arrived Saxons in the fifth century or so asked a recently conquered local "What's that called?"

The answer they got, "That's called a river", or "That's called a hill". 😀

Could have ended up as the River Eichbyschiffwl, from the original answer,  "eich bys, chi ffwl" .

• Haha 1

Reading the original article, it says that they have spent their time continuously cruising the River Lea and Regents Canal, so if the pic is of their boat while they had it, then all these other places seem unlikely.  I've looked at my pics and others online of Lea (and Stort) locks, but can't find any revealing metal piled sides, although the lockside structures of some look similar

Edited by Mac of Cygnet
To add a bit

7 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

I'm wondering if it's the lock at the entrance to Roydon Marina - I've never seen this lock (I've seen every other Lee and Stort Lock many years ago) and to me it is a bit of a mythical beast, I'm not even certain it exists!

You could well be right

dr_o5t.jpg

https://canalplan.org.uk/place/r74p

Edited by StephenA
  • Greenie 1