48ft narrowboat Leisure Boat

kats

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, MIKE P said:

A cruiser stern takes up a lot of valuable living space, proportionally more on  48 ft boat of course.

On 05/11/2023 at 18:35, MtB said:

I'd say it just means it is over-priced. 

That just cos your a bit tight fisted :)

I think its probably more important at this stage that OP finds the boat that suits them, than a few £K either way. 

..... Keep looking .....

47 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

re composting toilets 
Generally it seems yes, get rid. The difficulty is achieving proper “compost”. The stuff isn’t allowed to be disposed of in CRT bins. It would be unwise to put on a garden so hard to know how people dispose of it. 

The best way is to own a large garden, build a three stage compost structure from pallets perhaps.  Add to bin 1 and wait three years time it becomes compost. Obviously needs more organic wastes added. Still involves carrying a bucket from boat to bin.

Edited by LadyG

3 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

re composting toilets 
Generally it seems yes, get rid. The difficulty is achieving proper “compost”. The stuff isn’t allowed to be disposed of in CRT bins. It would be unwise to put on a garden so hard to know how people dispose of it. 

I am sure @peterboat can explain it, I understand he does it very successfully  

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I am sure @peterboat can explain it, I understand he does it very successfully  

Yes, I have a rotary composting bin, I put all garden waste in along with poo, I also put cardboard in it and leafs at this time of year. I rotate it twice weekly and it does have worms in it, 8 - 9 months it goes into another composting bin for a few months with worms job done, so one year on its finished the mixing and worms are key to speeding the process up.

35 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Yes, I have a rotary composting bin, I put all garden waste in along with poo, I also put cardboard in it and leafs at this time of year. I rotate it twice weekly and it does have worms in it, 8 - 9 months it goes into another composting bin for a few months with worms job done, so one year on its finished the mixing and worms are key to speeding the process up.

Interesting! Where do you keep the rotary bin?

2 hours ago, kats said:

Interesting! Where do you keep the rotary bin?

At my allotment, but I could keep it at my moorings if I wanted 

2 hours ago, MtB said:

On the bank, being a boater who never goes anywhere much?

Says the man that lives in a hovel! I am out in the boat currently where are you?

Edited by peterboat
  • Happy 1

43 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Why do you need to keep it onboard on a leisure boat that you go home from?

I have no idea why you are asking me that?

I'm obviously missing something.

I was simply joking in case the person I responded to thought he might keep it on his boat.

On 06/11/2023 at 03:31, ditchcrawler said:

I would say size, most want 57ft and composting loo. which is very easy to sort if you don't like it.

We sold ours last month in 3 days.

So I would say its the price. It looks a good boat but if its just a try it and see? you could do well to try an Ex Blackprince for a lot less and have the option to trying a longer boat (not 60'-0" it will go most locations but could be hard work that extra foot or so can make a difference outside) before you finalise your build.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, oboat said:

We sold ours last month in 3 days.

So I would say its the price. It looks a good boat but if its just a try it and see? you could do well to try an Ex Blackprince for a lot less and have the option to trying a longer boat (not 60'-0" it will go most locations but could be hard work that extra foot or so can make a difference outside) before you finalise your build.

Ours must be overpriced then.