Boat Insurance renewal - pleasantly surprised.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

After all the horror stories of 50% increases in premiums I was not looking forward to the renewal for 'The Cat'.

It has actually come out at just a 2% increase on last year and is almost £100 cheaper than the next best quote I've got (CraftInsure - who would also require a full survey as she is 20 years old this year)

Insure4Boats came out at a starting figure of over £500 above the existing insurer renewal.

Unsurprisingly - Staying where I am.

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

After all the horror stories of 50% increases in premiums I was not looking forward to the renewal for 'The Cat'.

It has actually come out at just a 2% increase on last year and is almost £100 cheaper than the next best quote I've got (CraftInsure - who would also require a full survey as she is 20 years old this year)

Insure4Boats came out at a starting figure of over £500 above the existing insurer renewal.

Unsurprisingly - Staying where I am.

My CraftInsure policy only requires a survey when over 30 years old. Is it 20 years for sea-going vessels?

Insured mine with CraftInsure. The only bit of boat-ownership that I found refreshingly cheap.  Fully comp despite being a Springer, and her age and happy with a recent hull only survey (she’s pretty much stripped out anyway and no gas).  

Online it’s a dead-end but call them and they take a very sensible and accommodating approach.   

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

We have just got the renewal through for the car and that's gone up a third. Can not find it cheaper anywhere else 🙄 

Really looking forward to the van renewal in April 😲

You MAY find it doesn't go up too much as some insurance companies increase their rates on the 1st April. I changed my car  in January and the increase for the remaining 3 months on the policy was only a few pounds. Come the end of April it had gone up by over 50%.

2 hours ago, truckcab79 said:

Insured mine with CraftInsure. The only bit of boat-ownership that I found refreshingly cheap.  Fully comp despite being a Springer, and her age and happy with a recent hull only survey (she’s pretty much stripped out anyway and no gas).  

Online it’s a dead-end but call them and they take a very sensible and accommodating approach.   

Craftinsure were a lot cheaper than the alternatives I got quotes from, but then my boat is hardly typical... 😉

• Greenie 1

19 hours ago, rgreg said:

My CraftInsure policy only requires a survey when over 30 years old. Is it 20 years for sea-going vessels?

I don't know, I'm with them and the boat, (NB) is 1999, apparently. 

I've been with them four years.

I had a claim, this was dealt with timeously,

No survey.

Prices have risen, but that may be inflation or loss of ncb.

No survey.

Edited by LadyG